Interested in CatheTV, but really confused about how to stream! (I read the tutorial)

Ananda13

Hi! I read the Tutorial page about how to set up Cathe OnDemand for your TV and looked at recent posts to this forum for any relevant topics, but I just ended up more confused.

Do you have to own Chromecast or Apple TV or Roku in order to watch Cathe OnDemand? I do not even know what those things are. I just use a Playstation3 as my DVD player, and it's also hooked up to my internet, so I can get things like Netflix and Amazon Prime video on my TV. If I have to buy and learn to use another service for my TV just to get Cathe OnDemand, I'm really unlikely to do that.

But I have a laptop with an internet connection. Assuming CatheOnDemand can come to any screen with an internet connection, isn't it possible to just stream Cathe on my computer, and then use an HDMI cord to link my laptop screen with my TV screen? Can I watch Cathe OnDemand on my TV that way? I tested my streaming connection on my computer using 720, and it had no problems. My wifi connection is almost always very good. So I don't think there'd be a problem, right? What is all the stuff about Apple TV and Roku? Maybe I'm just not tech savvy? lol.

In the same respect, could I watch Cathe OnDemand on my iPhone just by signing in through Cathe dot com via the Safari internet program on iPhone? As long as I had a strong WiFi connection? (I love this idea because then I could do some heavy lifting at the gym with Cathe!) Or do I need AppleTV/Chromecast/Roku/etc to do that too?

Thanks for your help! Cathe OnDemand sounds awesome; I just hope I am able to use it!

I use my laptop and have an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my tv so I can use OnDemand and Cathe live. I have no issues with the speed but make sure you have high speed internet. You should use the speed test that they offer to make sure you can watch it. I don't use any of the other connections they have talked about, I like things simple:D because I'm an idiot when it comes to techy stuff.

Thank you so much for your help, Firemedic! :) I'm so glad that it would work with an HDMI cord. Good for everyone who has those programs, but all of that just confuses me!

Do you know if it works for iPhone? And is STS available through OnDemand? I've never done it before but I would love to give it a try in a few months!

I don't know about iPhone but all of Cathe's dvds are available OnDemand. If you get the OnDemand, you will get her live classes as well and they are so much fun and with wide variety. I never did STS before I got OnDemand so I bought the booklet as a download and printed it up at home myself. But if you prefer the book, I believe you can purchase that as well without buying the series. Hopefully someone with an iPhone will be able to help you out with that. If you get this, have fun!!!

Kim

Hi! I read the Tutorial page about how to set up Cathe OnDemand for your TV and looked at recent posts to this forum for any relevant topics, but I just ended up more confused.

Do you have to own Chromecast or Apple TV or Roku in order to watch Cathe OnDemand? I do not even know what those things are. I just use a Playstation3 as my DVD player, and it's also hooked up to my internet, so I can get things like Netflix and Amazon Prime video on my TV. If I have to buy and learn to use another service for my TV just to get Cathe OnDemand, I'm really unlikely to do that.

But I have a laptop with an internet connection. Assuming CatheOnDemand can come to any screen with an internet connection, isn't it possible to just stream Cathe on my computer, and then use an HDMI cord to link my laptop screen with my TV screen? Can I watch Cathe OnDemand on my TV that way? I tested my streaming connection on my computer using 720, and it had no problems. My wifi connection is almost always very good. So I don't think there'd be a problem, right? What is all the stuff about Apple TV and Roku? Maybe I'm just not tech savvy? lol.

In the same respect, could I watch Cathe OnDemand on my iPhone just by signing in through Cathe dot com via the Safari internet program on iPhone? As long as I had a strong WiFi connection? (I love this idea because then I could do some heavy lifting at the gym with Cathe!) Or do I need AppleTV/Chromecast/Roku/etc to do that too?

Thanks for your help! Cathe OnDemand sounds awesome; I just hope I am able to use it!

You can watch Cathe TV on your iPhone or almost any smartphone. To watch on a TV you can use an HDMI cable from your computer or device to your TV or you can use Apple TV,Chromecast or Roku.

I was going to buy the HDMI cable and it was 50 dollars and still needed three more feet to reach my family room. [emoji17] I don't have a laptop and not buying a laptop to do it. Wish I had a switch to flip and bam it streams to my tv in my family room where I exercise! I really want on demand but my computer is in my bedroom and no room to move in there ugh

I was going to buy the HDMI cable and it was 50 dollars and still needed three more feet to reach my family room. [emoji17] I don't have a laptop and not buying a laptop to do it. Wish I had a switch to flip and bam it streams to my tv in my family room where I exercise! I really want on demand but my computer is in my bedroom and no room to move in there ugh
Renee, do you have a smartphone that you could hook up to your TV? I don't think you need a laptop to stream it...
The music in the Live workouts is awesome and very motivating -- I think you'd like it! ;)
xo
Roz

Renee, do you have a smartphone that you could hook up to your TV? I don't think you need a laptop to stream it...
The music in the Live workouts is awesome and very motivating -- I think you'd like it! ;)
xo
Roz

I would like to hook up my Sony experia on android operating system to my TV.
What cable do you ladies and gents use?

I have iPhone 6 plus, how can I get it to play on my tv? Oh gosh please tell me! Do I need a cord? Or what I have wifi on phone but how do you get you TV to except it? Oh my I am sorry I do not know this stuff and my hubby is one who is more out of the loop one technology because he is grumplestilsken!

I have iPhone 6 plus, how can I get it to play on my tv? Oh gosh please tell me! Do I need a cord? Or what I have wifi on phone but how do you get you TV to except it? Oh my I am sorry I do not know this stuff and my hubby is one who is more out of the loop one technology because he is grumplestilsken!
I wish I knew and could help, but I don't stream to a TV myself, so don't know the drill. I imagine an admin can chime in.
But if you can stream from a laptop or tablet to a TV, I don't see why you couldn't stream from an iPhone.
Good luck!
Roz

To use the phone to stream to the TV, just buy a mhl to hdmi adapter. Mhl -->hdmi --> tv hdmi port. Just be aware that the phone will also need to be plugged into the power suppply.

Here's a picture of one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...F8&qid=1424623473&sr=8-3&keywords=mhl+adapter

I have a sony experia Z, and got one from the OEM but that really wouldn't be necessary.

Ananda13, I just googled and what you would need for the iphone is an "Apple Digital AV Adapter." --> hdmi cable --> hdmi port on tv.

Then you just switch your tv's source to the correct hdmi port when you watch from the phone.

Thanks mkeefe.... Do you watch cathe tv from chromecast?
No, I don't. I just connect my laptop w/ a hdmi cable, and use a browser to get to the ondemand videos. I also duplicate my display, instead of extended desktop, so I have the big tv screen in front of me and put the laptop to one side. It's cool having two places to look at the video, depending on which way you are facing! :)

Well I got back from a week's vacation yesterday and just now added Cathe's channel to my Roku devce, so I'll give watching through Roku a go. If the search function isn't too cumbersome I'll use it as long as the videos I need are on there.

No, I don't. I just connect my laptop w/ a hdmi cable, and use a browser to get to the ondemand videos. I also duplicate my display, instead of extended desktop, so I have the big tv screen in front of me and put the laptop to one side. It's cool having two places to look at the video, depending on which way you are facing! :)
That's exactly what I do. I have my laptop lower to the left of my tv, which is great esp. when doing abs or anything else to my left.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.