Intensity Series 3on ;1off Rotation

likes2bfit

Cathlete
I have come up with a 3day on 1 day off rotation using the intensity series. The object is to maintain fitness level with out over training. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

DAY 1: IMAX X-TREME
DAY 2: PLB & ANY IS SERIES ABS SEGMENT
DAY 3: CIRCUIT MAX
DAY 4: OFF

DAY 5: GAUNTLET
DAY 6: PUB- BACK, BICEPS & ABS ONLY & 30"CARDIO CHOICE*
DAY 7: CARDIO KICKS & ANY IS ABS
DAY 8: OFF

DAY 9: BOOT CAMP
DAY10: PUB- CHEST, SHOULDERS & TRICEPS ONLY & 30" CARDIO CHOICE*
DAY11: CARDIO CHOICE** WORKOUT 55-65" & IS ABS
DAY12: OFF

REPEAT TWICE FOR A TOTAL OF THREE COMPLETE TIMES FOR A 36 DAY OR 5 WEEK ROTATION.
* CARIO FROM C&W WOULD FIT IN NICE HERE FOR EXAMPLE
** I LIKE TO SLIDE IN A TREADMILL INTERVAL WORKOUT HERE BECAUSE I LIMIT THE AMOUT OF STEP AEROBICS. ANY CATHE CARDIO WORKOUT CAN BE CHOSEN HERE (EXCEPT CARDIO KICKS WHICH APPEARS ON DAY 7)

Judy

May God always grant you a sunbeam to warm you... a moonbeam to charm you...& a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you :)

Well I'm starting week two of this rotation and it is going well. It feels different to take a day of after only 3 days on, but I feel very rested and ready for the next segment!

Please keep us posted on how this rotation goes for you. I have been struggling with my current 6 days on, 1 day off routine (I am just so tired some days that it is hard to motivate myself) and I am interested to hear how this works out. I have been doing Cathe's CTX/PS rotation, but modifying it so it is more like 4 or 5 days and then I day off. I'm not sure if this will effect my results. Any input from others is welcome!

Thanks for posting this new rotation and letting us know about it!

will do.

I may have to modify it, as I am having trouble with step routines, kickboxing and knee pain. It is funny though I can, do Boot camp except I modigfy some of the cardio that kicking with extra speed skaters. So far the 3 on 1 of is feeling good!

The rotations has not worked out for me due to my knee. I have made a modification. Actually I reworked it completly:

Sat: Muslce Endurance
Sun: Cardio choice 60" & stretch
Mon: PUB/PLB floor work
Tue: Boot Camp
Wed: REST
repeat for a total of 6 weeks

Judy--I know you have stopped the 3-on/1-off rotation, but I just wanted to add that I've been trying out one of my own--although it's more generic and allows for more substitutions. I thought I'd share it if anyone is interested:

day 1 & 5--cardio(20-30 minutes)/upper body
day 2 & 6--cardio (30-40 minutes)
day 3--upper body
day 7--lower body or total body
days 4 & 8--off

I'm trying to concentrate on upper body right now, but you could either substitute lower body for upper days or total body for all weight days. I also do abs daily--even on off days.

Just thought I'd share :)
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.