Instyler

janiejoey

Cathlete
Anyone have one and want to comment about it?

I think I want one if it works like they say.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hi Janie!
I don't have one yet, but I'm curious to see any responses you may get about the product. I've read so many good reviews about it on-line. Do a google search for "Instyler reviews" and you'll see what comes up (if you haven't already).

Anyway, my husband has been looking to bid on one on e-bay for me. When you buy one, you get one free so I think all these people who have them are selling the other one on e-bay. So, just so you know, you can get it for much cheaper on e-bay than what they advertise on TV or their website. (The average cost on e-bay that we've seen so far has been about $70, compared to the $135 I believe it's going for, plus shipping on top of that)

:)Christine

I have one and i just love it, I dont use mine to straighten my hair (because it is already so straight) I use it for body and lots of waves. It does take a little getting use to at first it is kind of awkward to use but after a few times i really got the hang of it. I have a little longer than shoulder length hair and it really gives me a ton of waves (kind of the Farrah look) I dont know that it would be great for everyone but I am very happy with mine. Melissa

Update!!

Hi Janie!
I'm back to give you my opinion on the Instyler because I have one now, hooray!! I just tried it today and let me tell you, it gave my fine hair SO MUCH body, I was so happy!! I can only comment on thin hair and say it DOES give body. It comes with instructions on how to do different things to your hair, and I know I'll have to play with it for a while to get the hang of it. But as far as using it to run through my hair for more body, it's very simple and does work!! My hair is L-I-M-P, but no more! I could never grow it past a certain point (shoulder length) because then it would just hang there with no body, but I am confident I can try a longer style now! I'm glad I got it!! 5 Stars! :)

Last edited:
Just saw this commercial....

I'm wondering if the OP or anyone else has aquired one of these and has some more reviews....I am seriously considering this, but have never bought any "As Seen On TV" products!!!

Aimee

I take issue with the price tag! :eek: Aren't most styling devices around $20-$50 now? Of course, what do I really know, my hair is thick and naturally curly, so I've never had to do anything to it really.

Have I been asleep and just don't realize what things cost anymore? Ouch! Funny, I used to not worry about how much anything I wanted cost. I'm a bit more frugal these days! Must be my age! :eek:

Tricia

Yes, the price is what prompted me to post...they get ya with the 14.99 "introductory" price, and then I think you have 3 payments of 40.00...it's pricey, no doubt! I use a flat iron semi-regularily, but have very fine hair that can be quite frizzy at times. The brush-thing looked promising...but don't have that kind of money to spend on pure hope!

If it's anything like the rotating brush they had a few years ago stay away - stay far away. I turned it on and it climbed up my very long curly hair and I was yelling and couldn't shut it off fast enough. My husband had to come rescue me because it was all tangled up in my hair! Still have nightmares :)

I got one and sold the other one to a friend. So it cost me 70 all together. It is great. I have curly/wavy type of hair and it straightens it so nicely. It dosen't squash it but brushes it strait so it looks more natural and healthier I think. I haven't tried curling with it but I did add the volume at the crown and that worked great. I am happy with it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.