Insanity. WOW!

The first week of Insanity my sides were burning from the twisted lunges (I am a yoga/ pilates instructor!) but my body acclimated and soon the warmups were just that... a nice segue into a great workout.
Welcome to the asylum!!!

Nope. It took me a LONG time until I could make it all the way through a warmup. Just do your best. My goal was always to do as much of each exercise as possible so sometimes, that meant taking a longer break. During the recovery week, i really pushed to get through all of each exercise and on starting the next exercise as quickly as possible. That really helped one month 2 started.

I am starting my 4th week of Insanity and, I agree, the warmups are tough! My only complaint is that after 3 weeks, I am tired of the exact same warmup routine on almost every workout. I am almost looking forward to the 2nd month just for something different. Of course, I am not sure I will make it through 55 minutes of this craziness! Today was the first day I wore a HRM during my workout & wowee...I think I was over 155 for most of the time!

Ohhhh the memories of those butt kicking "warm-ups"!! :eek: I struggled sooo much at first. You'll build up to it!! I remember thinking "THAT WAS THE WARM-UP!!!!????":eek::eek:

I just did Plyo yesterday and flew through the workout!! Keep in mind that Insanity is as much mental as it is physical!

Good luck and have fun!!

Pam

I've just finished up week 3. 6 more to go. EEK!!!!! Looking forward to the recovery week. Like a previous poster said, it is getting a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying it. (I think :p)

The warm ups are getting easier, but still no walk in the park, I'm not sure they'll ever be.

Looking forward to doing something different in month 2, but hoping I can handle it. 40 mins is enough, an hour might do me in!

Nan

Nan, sounds like we are at the same point! Looking forward to the rest although, my DH told me today that he can really start to see a change, makes me want to keep going! See you at the Insanity finish line where we can drink a toast (if we survive!)

I like it though and Shaun's energy is awesome. That's what helps me alot when I just want to fall out. I did better with the warm up today and I finished week 1. I'm doing it a little off schedule because sometimes I have to take 2 days of rest because of work; so as today would've been a rest day if I'd followed his plan, I did plyo and may rest tomorrow. FUN!

It bothers me though when some of the people actually collapse! :eek: I'm wondering if that's just for show because you're supposed to KEEP MOVING!

I actually find real that even the people in the video can't keep up. Maybe it is for show but I sure feel like less of a loser when I can't make it all the way through!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.