Insanity Fit Test

MidgetDogg

Cathlete
Decided to try Insanity and did my first Fit Test just now after being a regular runner and doing mostly STS for the past year. I totally kicked butt against the 2 in the DVD who were doing their 2nd Fit Test. Felt good beating the guy at the push-ups. Actually, I may have tied him, but I annihilated him on everything else. Whooopshhhh!

I was glad to see it got my HR up there like a good hard run does, but since it only took 14 minutes, I guess I need to do something else today.

Good for you Donna!
I think that guy in the fit test is a whimp.............He doesn't seem to do very well in any of the other Insanity Dvd's either. JMHO
Sue

Last edited:
Wait until you see him at the end of...I think it's Max Cardio Conditioning. He's speed bag is pathetic....

Congrats on the good numbers....they will only go up from here.

I forget which workout it is in the first month, but Shaun gets an unexpected answer back from one of the women who is bent over gasping and says...she wants to quit...it makes me laugh so hard I nearly fart myself...not because she's in distress but the look on Shaun's face and how he says "you wanna quit???" Gets me every single time.

Great job Donna!

Great job, Donna!! I'm impressed! I think some of those folks doing the workouts need to take frequent breaks because they are woa-fully undernourished! Some are just too skinny!

Pam

OMG - DD, I can't believe you said that. It makes me feel OK saying that I had to change my shorts after doing those leaps where you jump up and lift your knees to your waist. I peed. Not as easy to hold it in as when you're running. LOL.

Great job, Donna!! I'm impressed! I think some of those folks doing the workouts need to take frequent breaks because they are woa-fully undernourished! Some are just too skinny!

Pam

I haven't looked at any of the videos yet, but I don't doubt it. Some people don't get that you need to eat more when you work out at that level. So I'm assuming you've all done this workout. How do you use the Dig Deep one? I don't see it in the rotation.

I forget which workout it is in the first month, but Shaun gets an unexpected answer back from one of the women who is bent over gasping and says...she wants to quit...it makes me laugh so hard I nearly fart myself...not because she's in distress but the look on Shaun's face and how he says "you wanna quit???" Gets me every single time.

Great job Donna!

She's would be one of the ones that needs to put on a few pounds. Shaun T looked mad when she said that she wanted to go home.

Now I can't wait to see this. I expect if Shaun was ticked, they'd have edited it out. Don't we all get that feeling once in awhile? One could look at it as an opportunity to show those who are struggling to get through it that all you need is some determination and you can do it. Then again, I'm only guessing since I haven't seen it yet.

I was planning to wait until Monday to start, and ride my bike today. But it's raining like crazy and I don't trust the drivers around here. Looks like Day One of Insanity for this girl!

No...Shaun is not upset, he's surprised, like he didn't first hear what she said, and then it sinks in! I love him as an instructor, he's just so much fun. You will like these.

I've done Insanity, P90X, TurboFire and I'm almost done with STS Meso 1. I appreciate the trend of featuring people in the DVDs who, like me, are pushing themselves mentally and physically to get through the workout. To me, it's much better than the 1980s legwarmer ladies with full sets of make-up who barely break a sweat. Knowing that there are people struggling to complete the workouts, like the 'wimp' you describe in the Insanity videos, actually encourages me to continue. Rather than disparaging those who struggle, I appreciate the fact that they are sharing their fitness journey with the rest of us.

I've done Insanity, P90X, TurboFire and I'm almost done with STS Meso 1. I appreciate the trend of featuring people in the DVDs who, like me, are pushing themselves mentally and physically to get through the workout. To me, it's much better than the 1980s legwarmer ladies with full sets of make-up who barely break a sweat. Knowing that there are people struggling to complete the workouts, like the 'wimp' you describe in the Insanity videos, actually encourages me to continue. Rather than disparaging those who struggle, I appreciate the fact that they are sharing their fitness journey with the rest of us.

I think that's pretty much the point I was trying to make. That "wimp" is actually a marathon runner - according to Shaun in the Plyometric workout I did yesterday. And let me tell you... I couldn't even keep up for the entire DVD. I was close, but I took a couple breaks. So shut my mouth - Shaun brought me down a peg.

Personally, I like the struggle. Seriously, when you "master" a workout - don't you start looking for something new that will make you struggle a bit? That's how we grow and improve, and build our self-esteem. Otherwise, you're going to just stay where you are. I'm in a running club with people who started off running in their 40s, battled cancer and are now competing in Ironman races. It's all about going to the next level.

I'm very glad I'm incorporating this into my workout because it gives my legs and feet a much needed break from the crazy running schedule of Racing Season, and pushes me in a way that's very different from running. I can see that it will be very beneficial to my racing since I don't push myself that hard during normal training. I save it for race day and maybe one run a week.

Plus Shaun is a great instructor. I've stuck with Cathe since 1997 because she's just such a good teacher, and she is never annoying. Her workouts are challenging and fun - we all know this. The only others I've like have been Chalene Johnson and now Shaun T. Oh - that Tae Bo guy was good too, but I got bored with that quick. Tony Horton is on my On Deck after Insanity.

Damn! I love being in shape.

I love insanity! Really, really pushes you. I feel like I am in the best shape ever. I also have been a long time runner, and believe it or not, once I switched over to Insanity, my knee and feet pains went away:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.