Injured hip flexor

I think I did something, somehow because my right hip (flexor) hurts. It hurts when I pull up my leg to put pants on and the pain kind of radiates through my pelvic area.

I thought there was something wrong with my girly parts, but the ultrasound was normal.

Anyone ever experience this?

I haven't worked out in 2 weeks because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I'm going to start today and see how it goes; if this effects my workouts at all.

This sounds like something I'm having trouble with except it hurts when I do certain yoga poses. I get this "catch" about halfway down when I'm doing head to knee pose. I think mine is caused by the way I sit and using a dictation pedal at work that raises my right leg up slightly.

I use my heat wrap that I use for my neck and put it around the crease where the leg comes up into the hip and as far around to the back of my butt cheek that it would reach while sitting. That seemed to help along with taking Tylenol.

Do you stretch on a regular basis?

I had something similar a few years ago. MD said ibuprofen not Tylenol. Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory. Walking also tho mine was so painful I could hardly move. Hope you feel better soon.

I hurt my hip flexor several years ago. When I did TurboFire for the the first time she has some stretch in Stretch 10 and I totally jacked up my hip flexor doing it--trying to go super deep. I had to modify everything (hard to do when you are doing a kickboxing program) for about two weeks until it went away. Also, the first time I did Insanity I suffered some of the worst hip flexor DOMS ever in the beginning. I just worked through that. But that's not the same as an injury.

I think I did something, somehow because my right hip (flexor) hurts. It hurts when I pull up my leg to put pants on and the pain kind of radiates through my pelvic area.

I thought there was something wrong with my girly parts, but the ultrasound was normal.

Anyone ever experience this?

I haven't worked out in 2 weeks because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I'm going to start today and see how it goes; if this effects my workouts at all.

My hip flexors are 100% of the low back and thigh pain that I have. I've been seeing a chiropractor for years, and we have figured that out. If you have one side that is achy, it's likely because the OTHER side is working too hard. They serve in a criss cross fashion on your body.
You have to stretch them regularly, and in a few different ways to really get in there. It's not just in the front, but also in the back and sides.

In the meantime, heat will help to loosen up the muscles. And when you stretch, do it just after your workout with everything else, while the mus cle is warm. I think you'll notice a huge difference if you really get in there.

I said it was my hip flexor only because it hurt when I lifted my leg; not when I stretched my hip flexor. But, to follow up - it must have been some kind of weird injury and has healed about 99%. I can still feel it very slightly when I lay on my right side; which I couldn't even do before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.