Indiana Jones reviews?

pixie9

Cathlete
So last weekend DH and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I have to admit I was kinda disappointed. I feel like they should have named it "Indiana Jones and the never ending chase scenes". :)
I liked Cate Blanchett in it and I thought she did a pretty good job (considering she had kind of a one dimensional character to work with - but that's typical for Indiana Jones villians) - but I didn't like the Shia Labeouf character. He just didn't add anything interesting to the movie IMO. Also his hair was ridiculous! :)
Some scenes were good but I felt like they skipped the editing portion or something.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?? :)

Carolyn

Yeah, I thought it was kind of cheesy & didn't live up to the rest of the Indiana Jones. It was still a good Indy style film, but I thought they could have done better and the whole alien thing just didn't really seem to *fit* well. Yeah, Mutt's hair was ridiculous! :eek:

I thought this one really stank. Where did the alien stuff come from? Not my cup of tea! Too out there for me. I'm sorry I spent my money on this one.

OMG! I was SOOOOOOOO disappointed in this movie! I couldn't believe the script!! Is George Lucas incapable of finding a screenwriter who can come up with better dialogue than "I like Ike" and situations like surviving a nuclear blast in a refrigerator?? Good God, it was as bad as the 3 Star Wars prequels. Shia LeBoef (sp?) was such a bad actor and the whole "combing the pompadour" and pulling out his switchblade was ridiculously cheesy. Sorry to say, but Harrison Ford look old and tired when he had to run and it seemed like he just phoned it in in terms of emotional engagement.

I rented Raiders of the Lost Ark the next night and the difference in the caliber of acting, dialogue, pacing, plot was night and day. The humor was outstanding--the pilot telling Indy to "show a little backbone" when Indy yells about the snake crawling on him in the cockpit of the plane, this after Indy just escaped death 17 different ways.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!! Two thumbs way down. Rent Raiders instead.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I must be out of the loop - because I LOVED it...probably because I love Harrison Ford!!!;-) I agree with him being old looking, etc...but I thought it had more of its share of funny parts. Agreed on too that the alien thing just didn't make sense but now his "son" can continue the saga!!!!

Jumping in here to say I loved it too! I took it on its own though, and didn't try to compare it to the previous instalments in the series.

I can deal with the bad lines and chase scenes.After all it is an Indiana Jones movie. I would not expect anything else anymore then I would go to a Die Hard movie and expect something else. However the whole Alien thing was just too I do not know I just did not like it.

Yeah, that's true. It just had a different feel than the other Indy movies! The alien thing was a bit out there, I thought. But I did still enjoy it!

Oh, I loved it! I thought it was much better than the second and third ones, though absolutely nothing can compare to Raiders. I'm a sci-fi fan, so I thought the aliens were fun... and the fact that they were also "archaeologists" and collectors kind of tickled me. I could go on, but I'll spare you. I just love Harrison.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.