Incline Chest Flys

soon2bfit

Cathlete
On disc 13 on the first set of incline chest flys Cathe makes a point to note your arm position and tell you to maintain the arc in the arm as you complete the fly. However, later on in the disc the incline chest flys look more like the arms do not maintain the arc. Has anyone else noticed this or am I crazy? And if so why the difference, both exercises are labled the same.

I've noticed that quite often Cathe doesn't keep the same arc when doing flyes (which is one reason she can lift so heavy on those moves). It ends up being more of a hybrid press/flye move, IMO.

Just do whatever works for you: keeping a more strict form with the same arc throughout (and using lighter weights), or doing the more hybrid version to lift a heavier weight (which makes it a bit less of an isolation move).

Thanks for your reply. I was begining to think I was halucinating!! I am goin to keep with the arc. Do you know how the different orms affect the muscles worked?

julie

Th Do you know how the different orms affect the muscles worked?
Did you mean "arms" (or ROM?)? I'll assume you did.;)
Keeping the same bend in the arm throughout the move isolates the chest more, while bending and straightening (or doing a shortened version of that) would recruit the triceps and perhaps delts a bit more, more like what a chest press does).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.