In anticipation of Drill Max, have you....

Connie12

Cathlete
made some space on a wall for those stability ball squats? I was eyeing my bedroom/workout room for the best possible spot, and I can't decide between 2 spots. One would be easy to get to, but might not be wide enough, and the other would have me clearing out a couple things before each workout. Hmmmm??

It's so fun waiting and wondering about the new workouts!!! :D

Connie

Ok, stupid question. I know what wall squats are, and have been tortured by them thoroughly in P90X: Legs & Back, so seeing that Cathe is going to have them is getting me pretty psyched. But, how is the stability ball used for these? Do you put the ball on your back, between it and the wall? For comfort? Or does the ball actually do something for you? I'm at a total loss about the purpose or use of the ball for these.

m.

> Do you
>put the ball on your back, between it and the wall? For
>comfort? Or does the ball actually do something for you? I'm
>at a total loss about the purpose or use of the ball for
>these.
>
The ball is between you and the wall. It makes it easier to move up and down (putting a towel between you and the wall can have the same effect). The ball would also add a bit of stability challenge, so work the inner/outer thigh muscles more (they are primarily stabilizing muscles).

Ah - the extra stability challenge seems potentially cool. I've never had a problem sliding up and down my wall without anything there though! You just ... do it. :)

m.

I tried the wall squats with the stability ball after doing them without, and I could go alot deeper in the squat. It felt so much better. It's also very comfortable for the back.

Are wall squats more difficult with the stabilty ball?
I really dont have much space for wall squats, at least with the ball behind me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.