Important questions on Hardcore

Marie1120

Cathlete
Cathe,
I know you won't know exactly but about how long will the workouts be?

Also are the Gym Style Training workouts all on a separate DVD rather than 1 DVD like PS and SH? I thought they would be all on one for more strength training options but it looks like 3 separate ones. :-(

Other than hoping that all the strength are on 1 DVD I am really excited. But with all these DVDs, I'll be looking for another DVD storage cabinet!

I'd also like to ask some questions.

1. I'm curious as to the approximate length of the weight workouts.

2. Are the exercises going to be slower and more intense than the Slow and Heavy series?

Allow me to tag on here, too:
1) Approximately what rep speed will the strength workouts be? (2/2; 4/4? My personal preference is hopefully not slower than Slow and Heavy, but somewhere in between PS and Slow and Heavy )
2) Will band exercises also be shown with dumbbell options? (Some of my body parts--shoulders--do NOT like working with bands)
Thanks!

I guess I'm the only one here who is happy with separate discs for each workout. However, I agree with you in that the Gym Style Strength Training would have been best on a single DVD for excellent mix-and-match options. As for the numerous DVDs, why not buy a wallet case for all the DVDs (just like P90X). It has been very handy to me whenever I travel for business. In fact, I bought more wallet cases for my other DVDs.

Perhaps a nice option would be to offer the Strength workouts separately or combined on one DVD?

When placing our pre-order we could indicate which Strength DVD option we prefer.

I'm so excited about this series that I'm downright embarrassed :)

~kandy~[/img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif[/img]

Great idea Kandy! I am just surprised by those on 3 separate DVDs. I was holding off on SH hoping for new ones with lots of premixes. My mind was racing with excitement. Still is about the set but disappointed over this. But it isn't a done deal yet so maybe Cathe will go for your idea!

Sorry, but there really is no way to tell you how long the workouts will be until they're filmed and edited. We've also learned through the years not to give estimates on times as they are often wrong.

I agree about putting the three Gym Style workouts on 1 DVD would be a good idea and very beneficial to the user, but if we do there would have to be a layer change that would cause a slight 1 to 2 second freeze at some point in the DVD on many players. For years this was never a major problem with consumers, but nowadays many people have become convinced that their disc is defective no matter what we tell them. So, I guess I’m saying from a business standpoint we can put the workouts on separate disc and actually charge more money and have fewer headaches since there are no layer changes. We love technology and being a leader in our industry, but we want our DVDs to be known for the great workouts.

Thanks for the response. I am lost with all the layering stuff and technology. Was that a problem with Slow and Heavy and Pure Strength which are all on one DVD? From other comments it seems like there are alot that would like these 3 on one DVD like PS & SH but are fine with all the others being on separate DVDs. If this isn't a firm decision, maybe you could survey customers preferences on this. Thanks.

Well if you are going to survey for customer preferences, I'm another who prefers them all on single DVDs. I can't be happier.

Thank you so much for this. I can't do very much high impact, so I'm delighted to be able to order Low Max without having to take a workout I don't necessarily want (or at least one that I probably shouldn't do.)

I'm very pleased with your decision.

Micki

Please reconsider your decision. The main reason I have began to use Cathe DVD's is for the premixes/workout blender options. I love my Supersets/Push Pull DVD where I am getting a well rounded, 20 minute arm workout (just an example), pieced together for my by Cathe.

I am disappointed.

I'm also bummed that the Gym-Style workouts won't be on one DVD. The slight pauses don't bother me at all, and I use premixes a lot. Would you consider the above idea about putting it to a vote?
-Kate

I'm really bummed out that the workouts will all be on separate discs. If nothing else, the series will be a huge space hog. I love how the CTX series is on just two discs yet you have all those options.

What a shame that a noisy few ruined it for so many of us.

Liz

I feel the same way. Now I'm not so all fired up about preordering anymore. Being able to customize my workouts was a major selling point. I'll have to give preordering some more thought now.

Allyson

>I'm really bummed out that the workouts will all be on
>separate discs. If nothing else, the series will be a huge
>space hog. I love how the CTX series is on just two discs yet
>you have all those options.
>
>What a shame that a noisy few ruined it for so many of us.
>
>Liz

I don't care about the slight pause between layer changes, but I have experienced a lot of start/stop and pixelation problems - and ONLY with SNM-produced DVDs. However, if little or no pre-mixes are used, perhaps that would solve the problem, and the three gym-style workouts can be put on one DVD. I'm glad the others are on single DVDs - makes good sense as they're very separate and distinct workouts.

Before the pre-sale is finished, I would also like to know the lifting speed, type of strength training that is going to be used (super sets, circuit, etc.), how the bands will be used and can dumbbells be used instead (not a big fan of bands), and whether Muscle Max will be an MIS 2 with separate lower/upper body or will it combine the both in circuit fashion a la Push Pull. Any further details will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, I'll be really bummed if SNM changes their mind and decides to come up with 2 workouts in 1 DVD. I don't want to spend $40-50 if all I want is one workout and I don't care if there are pre-mixes. I am sure a lot of people have tech problems with the Body Blast series especially those notorious freezes. Moreover, I just cannot imagine why these DVDs cannot play in most DVD players. For a $45-50 DVD.

Stop blaming the "noisy few." I am sure SNM didn't give us "the noisy few" high priority when they decided for individual discs.

>I'm really bummed out that the workouts will all be on
>separate discs. If nothing else, the series will be a huge
>space hog. I love how the CTX series is on just two discs yet
>you have all those options.
>
>What a shame that a noisy few ruined it for so many of us.
>
>Liz

I am ok with most of the workouts being on 1 DVD but don't understand the logic of each of the gym style training on a separate DVD. I think most would want all 3 of these (or none) and would prefer these on 1 DVD. How many would just order back and biceps????? I was going to pre-order the set but now thinking maybe just a few and then get Pure Strength which also includes abs on the workouts. Even though it is dated at least all 3 workouts are on 1 DVD. The thread on problem DVD players didn't seem to be finding any particular problem player. Sounds like just an occasional glitch. Despite this I am ok with the decision for the single workouts EXCEPT for the gym style training. I WAS REALLY HOPING FOR AN UPDATED PURE STRENGTH SERIES TO ORDER BUT UNLESS I GET A MULTI-DISC DVD PLAYER I THINK I AM BETTER OFF WITH THE DATED PURE STRENGTH VERSION!!!!!!! Cathe's decision to put each gym training on its own DVD really shocked me. At least I have some time to think about what I want to do with pre-ordering or not. CATHE, PLEASE RECONSIDER AND PUT THE HARDCORE GYM TRAINERS ON 1 DVD. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I wanted my next DVD player to be one that can record not a multi=disc!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.