importance of sports bras?

Farah636

Cathlete
I was just reading Fitness magazine and they had dedicated a few pages to finding the right sports bra for your workouts. I kind of skipped through it, b/c in my mind, I'm thinking, 'eh...I still buy my bras from the kids' section..I'm too small to ever have to worry about things like finding the proper support to avoid sagging in the future..' But then I read that even A cups...er...move around enough during workouts and can start sagging eventually.

That got me a little worried, because since my preteen days I've paid very little attention to the bras I've put on -- heck, regular bras and sports bras have always been interchangeable to me -- I just throw something on, and whatever I happen to be wearing when I want to work out is what I'm going to wear..and I guess I've never really felt a difference in terms of support, but now I'm a little concerned that maybe all the unsupported exercising will eventually catch up to me somewhere down the line. Should I be paying more attention to the bras I wear when I work out?

Yes, you do need a good supportive bra and sports bras. I worked for a local dept store in the lingerie section when I was in college and learned the importance of the proper bra and fit. You should definitely be using a sports bra if you are doing step, HiiT or any other type of jump training. I'm a 34B and can't stand it when the girls are moving around when I am exercising. I have one sports bra that is a medium support for weightlifting and another with high support for everything else. Champion is the brand I use for my sports bras - Victoria's Secret for the others.

I agree, I think sports bras are important no matter what size you are. I'm also an A cup but I feel lots of wiggling & jiggling when I'm exercising. I wear Champion bras too & really like them.

I am with the other ladies that a good sports bra is essential. Consider this little tidbit, when working with orthodontia it only takes 1 pound of pressure to move the teeth. Now put that in perspective of a sports bra...

Shayne

I don't know if it's right or wrong but I have particular bras that I wear under my workout top. I don't wear them for regular bras because they are for sweating in, lol. So I wear a regular bra and then a sport bra on top just to keep everything in place. I started this when I was taking a bootcamp and a kickbox class in college and there were boys in the class. Didn't want to anybody looking a talking about me, hahaha.

I also like Champion. I get them at Target. After three kids, though, I have to wear two to keep the girls from wagging around on cardio day... (TMI? :eek:)

After three kids, though, I have to wear two to keep the girls from wagging around on cardio day... (TMI? :eek:)

LOL

meh, I wear sports bras 90% of the time anyway b/c they're more comfortable than regular bras...so, I guess I'm good? But good to get feedback about this. I think I'll make a conscious effort to wear them when I work out instead throwing anything on.

I also like champion for when I'm at home. But if I go to Zumba or am jogging I use my Handful Bra that was recommended from someone on this forum. I love it even more because it comes with pads that makes me look fuller chested. The champion one just pushes what little I have down completely flat. Oh well.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.