IMAX3 impact compared to BM2

peytonsmommy

Cathlete
Hi, i'm rather new to Cathe's cardio workouts and so far have stuck to the low impact workouts as I occasionally have an issue w/ my knee and I run as well so I was trying to keep my dvd's lower impact. I recently bought BM2 after hearing all the great reviews and I just LOVE that one and so far it has not bothered my knee much. I was wondering how IMAX3 compared to BM2 as far as impact? I tried watching the preview but couldn't get it to work on my computer (not surprising this thing is on it's last legs). I've heard really great things about that one as well and I'm considering picking it up. Thanks!

Karla

Hi Karla,

I just did the Cardio Blast premix from BM2 this morning. The blasts are very similar to IMAX 3. Blast #1 is like Blast #7 in IMAX 3 where you jump on and off the step. Blast #2 is like Blast #6 in IMAX 3 with the wide lunges. Blast #3 is like Blast #2 in IMAX 3 with the turning power squats. In BM2, she also does straddle abductions. Blast #4 is like Blast #8 in IMAX 3 with the plyos and air jacks, but in BM2 she does power turns first, then the air jacks, and then jumps forward and back. My heart rate was a little higher in Body Max 2 but I think that's because I do it on an 8" step. I always do IMAX 3 on 6".

I love IMAX 3. It's my favorite IMAX. I really like the music and the choreography. I'd say the choreography is more complex in
IMAX 3 than Body Max 2. Be careful with your knee with IMAX 3 because she does a lot of pivoting. Other than that, I would say the blast impact is the same.

Marcy

I haven't done IMax 3 for a while, because I got rid of it pretty quickly, but I remember it as being more impact than I like. BMax2 is definitely a step (or two) down from that.

I agree with the post right above me. Imax 3 is more impact than BM2. However, this is one of my favorites because it is so challenging--tons of plyometric moves. If you have knee problems, you might want to check out Imax 2. It is a fun workout with a little less intensity than Imax 3.

Thanks so much for the replies. I might check into IMAX2 then. I've heard great things about that one as well. I'm 24 and these knees have to last me a little bit longer. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.