IMAX every day?

beth53

I know Cathe says to take a break in between IMAXs but I was wondering if it's okay to do 1/2 an IMAX every day. I've been doing a kind of homemade CTX since I don't own that. I do 5 IMAX intervals plus one body part from S&H. I've enjoyed this rotation but wondered about the cardio part. Any suggestions?

Just take a day off (or just do the weights) whenever you feel too tired and you will be fine. Also, take 1 day off per week.
Sharon

I would think that you would get bored doing this so often, but I think half everyday would be fine. I often do interval workouts and I see no problems. If you want more variety, Mindy Mylrea and CIA have some good interval workouts.

I think that she says not to do imax back to back because this is a very high impact workout. You really don't want to be doing, nor is there any reason whatsoever (unless you are some type of athlete) that you need to be doing a high impact workout every day. I don't really know the biomechanics of it all, BUT, high impact is very hard on your body (your joints etc). Your body needs a break from this. You probably don't want to do it more than twice or three times a week at the most. In my opinion doing high impact every day could very well lead to injury. Good luck and enjoy your workouts!!

Kristie Schultz
AFAA certified instructor

Thanks for the input. I've changed my rotation and am doing other cardio along with IMAX - some Christi Taylor, Rhythmic Step, and MIC. I try to break up the high impact days with regular stepping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.