IMAX and MIC

AngelBrt

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Okay, I am a little confused and hope that someone can help me clarify. I just got the Rythimic step DVD yesterday which also contains Imax and MIC. I've had Imax2 on DVD since it came out and I love it but since you're only supposed to do it once or twice a week I got the RS DVD so I'd have Cathe cardio that I could do more frequently. Now, I know Imax falls in the same category as Imax2 but I am confused on MIC. She says to only do it twice a week max because of the intensity. Okay, so my question is if I do MIC twice could I still do an interval workout twice? Or should I only do MIC once and one day intervals? Also, I'm assuming rythmic step can be done on any given day. And, if I only do half of Imax2 on one day, say added on to a strength workout, can I do a full interval workout the next day, or with only one day off in between? I hope that I'm being clear, I feel like I'm rambling! I am trying to increase the frequency and intensity of my cardio, but at the same time I don't want to hurt myself. So if anyone has tips or suggestions, or ways that they like to do these workouts I'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Angela

P.S.-I love Imax, it's just different enough from Imax 2 to make them both fun and great workouts!

Hi Angela,

Don't really have an answer regarding the intensity question BUT MIC can easily be split into two workouts, Hi / Lo one day, step the next day.
For example something like this:

Day 1– IMax1
Day 2 – MIC Hi / Lo + a strength workout (if your feelin strong)
Day 3 – MIC Step
Day 4 – Strength workout
Day 5 – Imax 2

What does everyone else think?
Would love to hear what the educated crowd has to say.

By the way, I recently purchased this DVD also. I love it, but am still lerning RS. I don't have Imax2 yet, but would love to have it. Hmmmm, my birthday is coming up soon ... :7

HTH,

Susan

IMHO, you can do I-Max 1, I-Max 2 and MIC all in the same week presuming your heart AND your low-back/hip-joint/knees/ankles can take it. I personally have to pay more attention to whatever punishment the weight-bearing joints are getting in terms of scheduling high-intensity land workouts during the week, rather than cardiovascular over-intensity.

I do think it would be wise to avoid doing even portions of I-max 1 and I-Max 2 on consecutive days, strictly from the impact angle and the workload on the thigh muscles; same with scheduling in MIC (especially the hi/lo segment) on a consecutive day after an bona fide interval workout. MIC hi/lo has some real tub-thumping intensity intervals toward the end of the segment (vertical jumps in place, high long-leg front kicks, high-knee runs, plyo heel digs, etc.) and although these are much briefer than the I-Max contingent they are cookin'.

Hope this helps - I'd experiment with a cautious approach and build your way up.

A-jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.