I'm throwing a pity party, anyone want to come?

tricial

I can't believe the summer I am having!!!! Most of you know that I tore the ligaments in my ankle back in May & am still recovering from THAT...Well, I had to take it easy by Wednesday of last week because it was flairing up. Thursday I did a Method Pilates workout. I didn't eat much that day and was sure I would die of starvation before supper the way my stomach was acting. Well, to keep this short - I was in such pain by Friday at 5:00 that I drove my little old self up the road to the Urgent Care Center. (Beats going to the ER!) Guess what kids, I have some type of Colon infection. So now I'm on the brat diet, taking pills that make me nausseated and also knock me out COLD!! I'm feeling better today - thank you Lord! (I asked my DH what we could do today, and he said "First, you can rest. Then when you're done with that - you can rest some more. Then, later...you can rest again!!) Nice guy, huh? I just had to share this with people who would appreciate my frustration with being a couch potato. AAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHH!

Sorry Tricia...

...I can't make it to your party but hope you are feeling better REAL soon and take your DH's advice so you can get well quick!!
happy.gif
Maybe some new tapes will come this week and you can view them while recuperating??? Hang in there.

DebbieH

poor thing

Tricia--
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news
sad.gif
i know how frustrating it is to not be able to work out, and I hope you get better soon! Just like we need rest days to recuperate when we are healthy, we need extra rest days when we are not so healthy! Take your husbands advice, and just pretend this is one of those weeks off that avid exercisers have to occasionally take
happy.gif
. If you are dwelling on the fact that you aren't up and moving, it won't make you feel any better, so take the time to catch up on things that you've been putting off: play with your pooches; read some magazines you haven't had time for, etc. Then when you are HEALTHY enough to get back in the swing of things, maybe you will feel renewed in mind and body! You'll probably have an extra swing in your step--make that in your ricochet--, and you can just act like this rest was a planned one!
good luck--Wendy

Just watch 'em!

Tricia,

I know it's frustrating, but there's no better way to get through an illness than by previewing videos. Take care and good luck.

What a bummer!!!

Man, that really sucks
sad.gif
! But I must say that I agree with everybody and your DH. Just rest and get well and by the time the new tapes arrive, you'll be ready to go
happy.gif
! Hopefully. Oh, and before I get off of here, make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Do you feel like your being mothered yet?

Thanks, everybody!!

I KNEW you guys would make me feel better!! I do believe I will review the new tapes I received not so long ago..And yes, I can feel all the mothering from here!!
At least my pups will be happy - it's rainy and icky today, which makes it a perfect snuggle on the couch day. (They think they're lap dogs, who am I to tell them they weigh 65 lbs. each?)

Hi Tricia!

I hope you are feeling better. As I am writing this I am being serenaded by two howling pups upstairs. I have a mentally challenged Golden Retriever, Max, who is eight years old. If he forgets that there are people in the house, he begins to howl as if his suffering is absolutely unbearable, and now our one year old black lab, Amos, has learned to join in. It is quite the chorus!

Sundays are rest days at our house - for church, family time, regrouping - so no exercise videos for me. So I try to take long walks with our dogs to compensate. Our black lab is 85 lbs of pure muscle, yet despite his huge webbed feet, was absolutely terrified of swimming over his head. (Meanwhile, Max the retarded dog, swims aimlessly all over the place). Until yesterday - we took a long walk down to a nearby lake, threw him in a couple of times, which he hated. Until "Jazz" showed up - a frisky yellow lab, who was happily frolicking after his ball, jumping off the dock. That made Amos crazy and in after him he goes. Then he's motoring all over the place, leaving a wake behind him (we're considering water skiing behind him!)

So you're not alone in your exercise fast - hoping the weather is better in SC - it has been a gorgeous weekend here in NC, so that maybe you can take a nice walk with your pups and ease back into your workouts. Wishing you a most speedy recovery! Aren't dogs great?!

Cheers!
Colia

Hey, Colia!! I'm feeling better today!

I loved your post - my dogs are also good Howlers when the occasion calls for it! (My favorite thing is when my husband calls & gets the answering machine - They hear his voice and begin to howl, so that they can help him find his way back home!!) Bugsy, the four year old Boxer/Lab mix that we have is addicted to the water. When we go to "Gram & Pap's", he is in the lake chasing his ball the whole time. Levi, the 3 yr old. Boxer is not so keen on getting wet or getting the ball - he just like's to chase Bugsy!

I also take Sundays as a day of rest, as He intended. This past Sunday I didn't even get to go to church, which is weird because I am the cantor for the Choir! I hate to miss, but I was on heavy (for me) medication!! I AM back to ball-tossing ability now, much to Bugsy's delight!

I will be off the meds by tomorrow, so I am just letting the anticipation grow until I can work out. (One of the pills I'm on has a warning "Do not allow yourself to become overheated, either by hot weather or exercise as this medication may cause heat stroke!!) Yikes!! Thanks for all the great support, I'm feeling good just knowing everyone is here for me!! ThankYouThankYouThankYou

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.