I'm thinking of Chalean Extreme - opinions?

Johnahanaha...or something like that...is also a coach. I ordered from her. You do get the same price, but you can't make eequal payments. It turned me off that i coudln't make equal payments through a coach, but not enough to not buy it through her! I ordered with a friend and my friend's order was all messed up. Joan fixed it and had her the correct order in a matter of days!

I highly recommend Joan!

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

I just finished CLX. I liked it, but I'm glad to be back to Cathe (and I don't have STS). I didn't have any huge significant results with it. I am stronger and can do a few more push-ups, but didn't lose any weight or inches. I doubt I'll ever do the full rotation again. I may use some of the workouts here or there, if I don't trade it away at VF.

For my 2 cents, I really like it. I'm only on my third week, however. The compound moves took some getting used to--my second week was harder than my first because I could do the moves better. The cardio is tough, but (in my opinion) not as hard as Cathe's Imaxes or Drills. It's easier for me to get through the cardio because I'm thinking "this isn't as hard as Cathe's such-and-such move." For instance, when she's doing a set of burpees I'm thinking "these aren't as bad as terminator climbers."

The first phase has compound moves, the second phase has more traditional moves, and the third phase looks like it's back to compound moves.

I really miss Cedie counting. I'm used to staying with Cathe and having the reps counted for me. But I just had to get used to counting reps for myself. I prefer Cathe, but I like Chalene. She's energetic and fun without being annoying (in my opinion). I love the shorter length of the workouts. The warmup and cooldown are the same in every workout--I wouldn't mind some variety there. I didn't care as much for the "recharge" section, which is a yoga-type stretch. It's not bad, but I think I'll be substituting my own yoga from now on.

I like the eating plan. I'd gotten out of the habit of eating 5 times a day, every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I lost 9 pounds in the first 2 weeks--mostly from the eating plan, I think.

I don't have STS, but I think it would be comparing apples and oranges. I did Slow and Heavy and the Imaxes as prep-work for CTX, and I think it really helped prepare me.

I ordered through Joan. She really can answer any questions you might have.

All in all, I'm glad I got it.

I guess it was time for another purchase and this thread got me thinking, I have been torn on CLX, but then saw it on ebay for a good price, so I bought it, hopefully the condition is ok, I have a feeling some people got their hands on the rest of the scratched dvd sets and are selling those, but since everyone said the scratched ones worked fine, just looked ugly, I'll take the risk for the savings.

I ordered through Joan as well, just last week. I recieved my CLX, no problems. Joan is awesome :)
I have not started it though as I re injured my shoulder during a half marathon race. Hopefully, it will heal soon. I can't wait to start CLX.

I can't say enough good things about this series. I'm finishing up week 6 (week 2 of the Push phase), and I've lost 3 pounds and am seeing so much more definition in my upper body and core, which is where I store most of my fat!! Yeah!!

I haven't been 100% great with my eating (80-85% clean, but definitely sneaking in non-clean "treats" and not always sticking to my calorie budget), so that's why I'm stunned to be seeing results like this. I wasn't seeing a whole lot of tangible results after the first phase (Burn), but as soon as I started Push, bam, I started to see some very noticeable changes.

I'm sick right now, so I've been taking it a little easier on cardio than I normally would (typical cardio rotation since I started: HIIT 2 out of the 3 days I do CLX + 3 days of running). Not expecting to lose any pounds this week (I will be happy if I maintain, but my eating's been crappy this week, so who knows), but I can't wait till I'm at 100% again and can get all the cylinders burning all at once.

After doing CLX, I'm tempted to order STS again (had it on pre-order way back when, then ended up cancelling). If I'm getting these kinds of results with CLX, I can only imagine what I'd see with STS. The only thing holding me back is that I really love the length of these workouts. I'm able to get in, get out in under 40 minutes, and I can even tack 20-30 min of HIIT onto it most days. I'm about to start marathon training again, and it's super important for me to be able to still fit in cardio on my non-running days, and I just don't have time to do more than an hour for my workouts on those days :(.

Joan is awesome :)

Ditto on that!

Update: The more I do these workouts, the more I love them. I can't wait to start the Push phase. What really sold me on getting CLX is when Joan mentioned that there was no "dread factor" for her. It's true! Because the workouts are so short, I don't dread doing them. And it leaves me time to do some yoga afterward--something I always have trouble fitting into my rotation.

Last edited:
It's worth it!

I'll be starting week 9 (which is week one of lean) next week. The program has also pulled me out of a huge workout rut. I get up and think...it's only 32 minutes, just do it. Or I know how good I feel when I'm done so I just do it! Chalene is a trip and always starts my day out right. After 3 weeks my muffin top was gone, I was no longer petrified to pull out my jeans, and now I'm fitting into pants I haven't had on for over a year. I have lost 1 inch from each thigh and 2 inches from my hips and waist. I still refuse to weigh myself. I will when I'm finished with the whole plan though.

If you do get it..go for the deluxe, I really like the the bonus DVD with lean intervals, I sweat buckets with that one.

My average calorie burn on muscle days is 275, 450-500 with the interval day.

I'll be the lone naysayer. I think many of the moves Charlene does can aggravate any pre-existing condition and create some that are not there. I have an issue with my sciatic nerve and the way she does lunges and other moves really bothered it - as have others - do a check on Videofitness for CLX and you'll see a lot). I also know of several people who ended up with severe wrist issues due to the ultra heavy weights at odd angles and to a very slow count.

I think did all three phases, but I have to cut Push to 3 weeks and only did one week of Lean. It's a shame because I like the workouts, but I honestly do not feel that these exercises were really well researched for safety. And I'm not one who really worries about safety that much. I tend to just go out and do. :rolleyes:

I just finished CLX. I liked it, but I'm glad to be back to Cathe (and I don't have STS). I didn't have any huge significant results with it. I am stronger and can do a few more push-ups, but didn't lose any weight or inches. I doubt I'll ever do the full rotation again. I may use some of the workouts here or there, if I don't trade it away at VF.

How do you trade DVDs on VF?

I'll be the lone naysayer. I think many of the moves Charlene does can aggravate any pre-existing condition and create some that are not there. I have an issue with my sciatic nerve and the way she does lunges and other moves really bothered it - as have others - do a check on Videofitness for CLX and you'll see a lot). I also know of several people who ended up with severe wrist issues due to the ultra heavy weights at odd angles and to a very slow count.

I think did all three phases, but I have to cut Push to 3 weeks and only did one week of Lean. It's a shame because I like the workouts, but I honestly do not feel that these exercises were really well researched for safety. And I'm not one who really worries about safety that much. I tend to just go out and do. :rolleyes:

Me too. I stopped after the third week of Push. Switched to STS and the pain stopped, so it was CLX. I am on the 4th week of Meso3 and am fine. I may try CLX again, but will have to look at what can be modified. Plus I felt the short time was too little for me.

How do you trade DVDs on VF?

If you go to the Video Exchange on their site, you can read posts from other people of workouts they are looking for and what they want to trade. You can also post lists for yourself. It's a great way to try new videos while getting rid of ones you don't really want or use.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.