I'm pregnant with my first!

shnikes17

Hi everyone,

I apologize to those of you who have read this on VF, but I thought I'd tell everyone here, too. I'm about eight weeks pregnant with my first, and my husband and I are very excited. It comes at somewhat of an unplanned time (he starts law school in a week), but this is what both of us have always wanted. I'm trying to be very careful and to read up on everything (I have What to Expect... and Expecting Fitness), but if anyone has some suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. I have been a little wary of lifting heavy weights this week, but I don't want to give that up if I don't have to. Any advice? Thanks so much, and I'll keep everyone updated. By the way, d-day is March 25 (or so they say) :)

Emily

Ya Emily!!!

No need to apologize to us VFers...cause now we get to say Ya again with a real smiley
wink.gif
....Congratulations Emily and Emily's DH!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

nancy:O)

Help me out

I am having an incredibly hard time working out. This could be attributed to a few things since my life has changed dramatically in the past two weeks: moved 1000 miles to a very HOT climate, found out I'm pregnant, finished a Firm rotation with other cardio mixed in (I definitely did Cathe tapes), and have been stressed about DH starting law school.

I cannot get up in the mornings (my favorite time to exercise), and anything I do gets my heart rate up so much, it feels like a constant interval. Someone give me some suggestions, please
happy.gif

Yipeeee!

Soooooo happy for you both! I don't have any advise on books as my BABY is going to be 22 next month but just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS"! How exciting. I think it's great that you want to be well informed and I know that you will get tons of great advice. Maybe, Sheila will pop in here too. Good Luck Emily and keep in touch with us all.
happy.gif
DebbieH

poor Emily!

I'd say, my dear girl, that you are pregnant!! Remember that fatigue is VERY normal at this stage (and believe me, adjusting to the heat at the same time is going to make it worse!), dragging in the morning is VERY normal, and I remember that heart-pounding feeling in my first trimester all three times! I think it is because when you are pregnant your blood volume is increasing, although I am no expert. Maybe Sheila can tell you why that is happening. I just know that it must be normal, because it happened to me every time. Just do what is comfortable for now. In a few weeks your energy will kick back up and you can hit it harder then. But certainly don't push it now if you don't feel like it. Sounds like a good time to pull out "A New You" or Firm Basics Fat Burning! Keep us posted on how you're feeling. OH, and another thing, work hard at staying hydrated, that'll help.

Taking an Amino Acid Supplement during pregnancy

Hi: I'm about 6 weeks pregnant with my first child, and my Ob doesn't happen to have any training in Amino Acid supplements. Any advice out there? Can I keep taking it?

Also, how hard can I continue to work out? I do light weight training 3 times a week, and some pretty difficult aerobic classes as well. They are considered "super advanced".

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Emily!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your news with all of us. I think you will find this forum very helpful to you. Please post any questions you may have and either Sheila or myself will try to get back to you as soon as we can. Also, all of our supportive readers and posters have wonderful advice, tidbits, and informative stories to share too.

For now the greatest advice I can offer you is to go through all of the questions here on the pregnancy forum(the numbers at the top of the page indicate the amount of pages in this forum. Click on any one of them and you will get a listing of 25 more previously asked questions). You'll see that there are so many questions and answers relating to weight training while pregnant(as well as many other topics). You'll also be happy to read that you will not have to give up your weight training either. Happy Reading!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.