I'm new. Maybe a little long, Sorry.

I am new to this forum. I was invited by my wife, Georgia Peach Fit. I am hoping to learn from people who have been using Cathe's tapes. My wife, Amy, is my inspiration and the reason I started to get back into shape like I once was. My wife walks on the ground I worship. I have lost over 25 pounds since Thanksgiving of 2003 and I will keep it off and I will keep my body comparable to Amy's. I have just recently started doing Cathe's tapes for upper body. I work on my legs by jumping rope. Amy motivates me so much and helps me with things she thinks I need to work on. I don't think Cathe is the spawn of Satan, but I do think she is from Dante's 7th concentric circle of hell. She amazes me, as does Amy. I will be back later for questions regarding shoulder workouts (my right shoulder has a 3rd degree separation.) Thanks in advance for letting me be a part of your group.

I Love you, Amy

Thomas
DH of Georgia Peach Fit

Hello Thomas and welcome!

How nice to see a new face that is male:) Amy is so lucky to have such a sweet loving husband and you are lucky to have her. I hope you visit often so we can get more of a male perspective here. Congrats on your weight loss!

Terri

Awwwwwwwwwwww, that's the sweetest thing EVER! I think it's awesome that you've got the guts to come on here with a bunch of women you don't know (except through Amy). Congrats on your weight loss and we're here to help in any way we possibly can.

:D

Thank you, Terri. I thank God everyday for her. I played soccer for S. Carolina in college and probably got a little lackadaisical about my fitness. When I graduated high school, I was 5'4 and 120. Now, I'm 5'7" and 128. You ladies should not be so critical of your selves. I know men and women see different things in the mirror. You see every little flaw; we don't. We love you no matter what. Amy is very critical of her body; I happen to think she is the most beautiful woman on the planet. Sorry for rambling.

Welcome Thomas! Amy is a very luck lady indeed....

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Tammy

All hail Limecat. Thanks, Shelley. I absolutely love your picture of the cat. Amy told me I'm one of very few men on this forum. I know Amy gets mad when her co-workers ask for advice and then they don't follow what Amy tell them to do. I'm getting like that with one of my co-workers. He is only in his mid-twenties and told me he wanted to lose 20 pounds by T'giving. I told him he could it fast food once a week and if he stuck to that, I'd help him. After the two weeks, he said, "Oh, I can eat fast food again." If is obvious, he doesn't get it. Fast food is crap. Eat healthy and exercise!

Thanks, Tammy. I'm glad Amy found Cathe's videos. She has been much happier with her workouts. Though I played soccer for a very good (nationally-ranked) Division 1 soccer team, I feel like such an idiot when I try to do the aerobic videos. I can't do them with Amy because she starts to laugh and makes me put my helmet on while I wait for the short bus to pick me up. I'm very coordinated, just not with aerobics. I hope to learn so much from everyone on this forum.

> don't think Cathe is the spawn of Satan, but I do think she is from Dante's 7th concentric circle of hell<

LOL thomas that was to good.welcome to the boards, its awesome to see some men do cathe.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Welcome Thomas. Your reference to Dante made me laugh. I haven't heard much about the circles since college, but can see the connection. Especially in some of the IMAX workouts. We all enjoy chatting with Amy and look forward to your perspective.

Hi Thomas, welcome to our world! I think it's great that you are working on your health. We're all here for support.

Hey Amy, sounds like you have a wonderful husband!

Welcome Thomas!

Your dedication to fitness will fit in here at Cathe's place as Amy can attest to.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Thank you to all you Cathe-aholics!

Kassia, I found this quite amusing.

"its awesome to see some men do cathe"

Just struck me as funny. Amy has me doing the power hour and pyramid upper body. I skip the leg portion of the power hour because I'm a A: a wuss or B: it makes my knees hurt. B sounds better, but A is probably correct.

Hi Thomas, you're one cool dude. I can understand why Amy likes you.;-)

PH and PUB are great workouts. The leg portion of PH is indeed a killer. I feel it even without weights. But do try Leaner Legs sometime. It has a thousand times the killing power of PH.

Welcome to Catheland, the meanest place on the web, where the ladies eat Bootcamp for breakfast and wear DOMS with pride.:)

Pinky

Welcome Thomas! Amy is a lucky lady :)! It is great to have you join us! And congrats on your weight loss! I have been trying to convince my husband to try Cathe's workouts. So far he only sits and watches me workout! He will "critique" my form as I do the workouts ... kind of funny ... well sometimes :)!
Cath :)

Welcome, Thomas!

I don't think you're the only guy whose less than graceful with cardio workouts! Have you tried Cathe's Bootcamp workout? Gives you the cardio benefits without the choreography that can mess things up! Kicboxing (like Cardio Kicks, which features 2 male background exercisers to keep you company, or KPC are also good choices for more athletic-feeling cardio).

I really enjoyed my time at USC. The administration decided after my first year that I should take a couple of semesters off to find myself. It seems that majoring in mechanical engineering, playing soccer and living in a coed dorm is not the proper environment for scholastic achievement. RE: choreography; Amy will tell you the only time I dance is occasionally at home or in a long line to the bathroom. I will try some of the requested routines; hopefully I'm coordinated enough to handle them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.