I'm feeling STRESSED!

pugw

Cathlete
Okay guys, I'm stressin' a little this morning. I was already feeling a little insecure because of my size. And I do know the only one who cares about this is me. I guess if I cared enough I would have severed my love affair with sugar some time ago, huh? ;)

Anyway, I found out last night that my roomie has to cancel and now I'm going to be fat and alone. :( Tell me it's all going to be okay please. :confused:

IT WILL BE OKAY!!

You are right, the only one who cares is you. There are people of all shapes, sizes, and abilities at the RT, and it's all GOOD!

Sorry your roomie had to cancel, but you are far from alone! We'll all be around to keep you company, chat, sweat, and I promise that you are going to have a fabulous weekend! Hang in there!!

Can't wait to meet you in person!

Please don't stress. I assure you will be having too much fun to be stressed once you're there.

See you in 6 days!! OMG, I better go pack!!!;)

Rhondalyn.....still need to hear it? Well, then......stress not, my dear friend.
You are going to have a B-L-A-S-T!!!!!! Seriously, I remember going home after my first RT in 2005 and telling my friends that it might be illegal for a woman (and MOM) to have so much fun without her kids around! And you know what??? When I told my friends about all the workouts and events, etc....they thought I WAS NUTS! But the other 104 folks at the RTs these last few years GET IT!!! Just you WAIT!!!! You'll forget about all your worries!

Gayle

Sorry about your roomie cancelling :( But just like everyone said, you are gonna have a blast. Let go of your insecurities and let your self have fun, mkay?
BTW, I wasn't ignoring you on facebook- I think I logged off the computer about the time you IM'd me ;)

And do you know what I tell my 2 daughters (11 and 8 years old)? They get sad about mommy leaving for 5 days and I tell them that sometimes even moms need to go away and have some "girlfriend giggle time". Seriously - I listen to my girls when they have friends sleep over - remember how you would just giggle all night? This RT is that. It's new friends (and ones made on past RTs) coming together with a common interest of fitness - regardless of the fitness level - and laughing and sweating and having FUN everywhere you look. Girlfriend giggle time - here we come. No stress allowed!

BTW, I wasn't ignoring you on facebook- I think I logged off the computer about the time you IM'd me
Sure, I bet you did. ;) Abandoned and ignored too! :eek: Thanks for the encouragement girls. :D

Rhondalynn, we're going to be just fine -- you, me, and all of the other first-timers. We have those assurances from the veterans and I know they wouldn't lie. Not only is it going to be here before we know it, it's going to be over even more quickly. Relax and enjoy every minute.

Rhondalyn ~ I'm another first timer that is getting excited for the RT!!! and I'm with you on how I was "gonna" look when I first signed up for the RT in February as I just received STS and was on a great roll! Apparently that started rolling downhill shortly thereafter and life got in the way and now in fact I am just the opposite of what I hoped to achieve by now! I haven't worked out for weeks and will most certainly be gasping for air after each and every class, so fear not as you will not be alone in your plight and we are all in this together! It will be a blast and even at my current weight, and as dissappointed I am at my fitness journey progress, I am so looking forward to this weekend getaway as a kick in the butt that I need to get back on track!

As my DH says: ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND PERSEVERE!!!

Get rid of all the worries...once you set foot inside Cathe's club, they all fade away, trust me! You won't find any time to even think about it Rhondalyn! Unpack the worries and leave them at home! :)

Thank you!

I just want to say thank you to everyone for being there for Rhondalyn! I'm her cancelling roomie and all I can say is "life sucks sometimes"....it never goes as you plan. :( I"m so sorry again, Rhondalyn. :(

I'll miss you all but I'm sure you will all have a great time without me. ;) I look forward to all the pics and details.

Kathy G

Oh Kathy, we will miss you!!! I was looking forward to seeing you again! So sorry to hear you had to cancel!:(:(:(

Thanks Jodi, I'm going to miss seeing you as well. :(

I'm sure Cynthia will take lots of great pics for us to enjoy though. Have a good time! :)

Kathy

Oh my goodness, Rhondalyn, don't be so hard on yourself, & don't be so nervous! You will have the time of your life, & make memories & friends that you'll keep with you forever. :)

And the second you meet Cathe any stress you have will disappear, she's just the nicest darned lady ever.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.