If you don't ache the next day does it mean that you di...

Saker

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and everyone

I think this is a great forum - I have really got a lot of information reading the posts on here over the last couple of months.

I'm from the UK and have managed to add a few Cathe dvds and videos to my collection (they are not very easily available over here). I have recently been trying to build up some muscle and have been using mostly Muscle max and Legs and Glutes. (Muscle max is the only workout I have with any upper body at the moment.) When I first did Muscle max I went much lighter than Cathe on the weights but I still really felt it for a couple of days after. Since then I have been able to increase the weights. When I do a set I generally feel I couldn't keep going any longer so I don't think I could increase them more yet without losing form. However although I ache slightly for the rest of the day I don't seem to feel the effects the following days - which is nice :) but does it mean that my workout is not really effective or I should be doing something differently?

slow & heavy and PUB are her toughest upper body from what i've read in the forumn. s&h is 3 sets of slow 8 reps. i feel the effects more when doing at a slow count unlike MM. it has more variety. pub is easiest to med to hardest and back down. all the upper body workouts are different. each one has different ways of working the muscle
it helps in feeling the effect with so many different workouts.

laura

> When I do a set I generally feel I
>couldn't keep going any longer so I don't think I could
>increase them more yet without losing form. However although
>I ache slightly for the rest of the day I don't seem to feel
>the effects the following days - which is nice :) but does
>it mean that my workout is not really effective or I should be
>doing something differently?

Sounds like you're doing fine to me. If you feel the work during the workout, and couldn't do another rep with good form, then you are doing just what you should to see results.

You lack of DOMS (delayed-onset muscle soreness: the soreness that sets in about 24 hours after a workout and can last around 48 hours) may actually be a sign that you are recovering well, which is good. The fast recovery can be due to genetics, to nutrition (for example, a diet high in antioxidants that work to repair muscle damage).

DOMS is usually associated with doing a more-intense-than-usual workout, like a different workout or going up in weights.

RE: If you don't ache the next day does it mean that yo...

Thanks for the advice. I will look at buying a different workout for the variation although with shipping and customs charges it can double the price of a dvd to get it here. I do have "Strong Legs and Abs", "Legs and Glutes" and "Kick Max" also so I have a variety of ways of working the lower body.

It's certainly true that I do ache when I do a new workout like after the drills at the end of kick max which I have only done once so far or as I did when I first did Muscle max. And I feel encouraged by the fact I can now lift heavier weights so it must be working a bit. Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

:)

I ache the most from the gym style workouts.
I wish i wasn't so sore. GS chest and tri had me sore for 3 days.
I do as heavy as i can like 20-25 the 1st set then drop down if needed.When i can barely make it through. Try it even if you have to pause to change the weights in like muscle max(my favorite). You will feel it.You are probably adapting to the workout if you are not getting sore.
I rotate, a different series weekly.
I have 99% of the workouts and i am still feeling the afterburn after almost a year of Cathe.
Try to get on e-bay or collage video and i think snm ships to the Uk.
Anyways, good luck.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

The gym style workouts seem popular on here so maybe I will look at getting them. I can see it would be better to vary the way I exercise the same muscles.

What is snm? I have bought from collage video before and also Advanced workouts as well as this site. Occasionally something comes up on ebay over here as well. It's frustrating because if you order more than one thing at a time, you save on postage but then they slap a great customs charge on it :-( .

It is this site
I usually just order from here . I don't know what the shipping is to the Uk. I know they really rack ya out of the country most of the time.
You can't go wrong with the gym style series.
I feel they are the hardest, and best of them all. I like pyramids second and intensity series 3rd and slow and heavy last.
Good luck.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

>What is snm?

Step N Motion, aka: Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.