If I only knew then what I know now......

cyclefan

I’ve been re-reading through some of the threads, and I’m wondering if those of you who have experience with RTs have more tips for us first-timers??...Tips that it would be really good to know ahead of time.

Maybe your tips are about what to bring: extra clothing, snacks, water bottle, camera, etc, or, maybe you have a tip about the exercises, or about down time. Anything you think we should know.

Basically, what do you wish you had known before your first trip?

Thanks in advance…I’m looking forward to meeting all of you next week….Can you believe it’s next week:eek:?!?!?!?!

Cathy

Hi Cathy! (Had to change your "e" to a "y"! :)

Here is a list that was posted some years back for other RT's! Keep in mind there will be SIX classes in Chicago...one class will be Yoga/Stretch so wear something comfy to that class.

Suggested Packing List

• Refillable Water Bottle for every class
  • At least six (6) workout outfits NOTE: Your first Cathe class will take place on Friday afternoon after you complete your registration!
  • Aerobic Shoes You may want to alternate two pair to let one dry out
  • Jog bra or top
  • Headband
  • Lifting gloves Optional
  • Casual clothing for dinners and after-parties
  • Pants
  • Jeans
  • Shorts
  • T-Shirts
  • Zip-off Pants
  • Undies and bras
  • Robe
  • Sandals or slippers
  • Socks
  • Street Shoes
  • DVDs for Cathe to sign
Other Items I can think of right off the top of my head...

Camera (Of course we will have our great photographer Cynthia taking pix for us all!)

Maybe some of those freshening cloths...Playtex makes one called Sporty Wipes or something like that and they have a fresh clean scent. Nice for just wiping down your arms or legs right afrer a class.

Extra cash for Cathe Tees, DVD's/Veronica's Feelfitwear...

A gym bag or duffle bag to carry your water bottle, snack, face towel, personal belongings and such from your hotel room to the exercise room.

If I think of anything else, I'll be baaaack! See you soon!!!! :eek:

Tips and Suggestions from fellow Cathletes

• Pack each complete workout in a gallon Ziploc bag. Just pull out a new bag for each new workout, and keep your used stinky outfits together until you return home to wash (wow, you may need extra heavy duty detergent for these babies!)
  • Once you wear an outfit and return to the hotel, hang everything out (over the towel bar, the shower curtain bar, the desk chair, etc.) to dry until you pack.
  • Bring a small Ziploc bag with a handful of dryer/fabric softener sheets — Throw one of these into each gallon Ziploc bag full of dried-but-still-stinky clothes before you close up your suitcase for the trip home.
  • Bring tshirts/zip-off pants, etc. to wear over your workout clothes before classes and during breaks

Save room in your suitcase and don't bring the whole DVD case -- just bring the paper cover portion in a Ziploc bag (to protect it) for Cathe to sign. Be sure to bring a Sharpee with you -- they're always in short supply.

Label your camera, if you can. Cyndi will have a dozen (or more, with the size of this group) cameras hanging off of her arm and waiting on the table/chair/closest flat surface in front of her. You don't want to lose yours.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips!!! Anything else anyone can think of? I am so worried I will miss something along the way...,

Don't be shy about talking with other people or with Cathe. The weekend will fly by and you'll be home before you know it. Don't look back with, "I wish I had...," on your mind.

If you're a person who likes to be right up front in a class and want to be as close to Cathe as you can get, go for it. But be considerate of others who want the same experience and don't monopolize those front spots for every workout -- share the wealth!

Conversely, if you're the shy type and tend to stay in the back, break out of your comfort zone and move up a little for a class or two. Remember that, "I wish I had," thing.

I am kind of hoping folks will let those of us who tend to hang out in back trade 'up' to get closer at least for one class. I've wanted to do this for over 10 years!

Debbie and Nancy, thanks so much for your advice. I'll be adding a few things to my shopping list this weekend as I prepare for the trip.

I'll also be sure to keep the "share the wealth", and "I wish I had" advice in mind.

Looking forward to meeting everyone next week!

Cathy

Gibee, I like to be up front but if I see somebody hanging out in the back that looks like they are longing, but hesitant, to move up front I will bring you along with me and hang out behind you for support!!!!!
If anybody feels like they need this kind of motivation let me know, I will be there for you!
Stacey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.