If Cathe made an STS 2...

Sorry for the thread drift, but does anyone know of a good foam roller flexibility focused DVD?

Rolling has helped me so much, and like Nathalie, I'd prefer to follow along w/an instructor instead of cobbling together something on my own.

Add foam roller stretches to my STS2 dreams, please. And I love the yoga workout suggestion w/options for different focuses.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I LOVE the idea of the foam roller being included like you guys mentioned! That would be PERFECT and aid recovery so much!

Sorry for the thread drift, but does anyone know of a good foam roller flexibility focused DVD?

Rolling has helped me so much, and like Nathalie, I'd prefer to follow along w/an instructor instead of cobbling together something on my own.

Add foam roller stretches to my STS2 dreams, please. And I love the yoga workout suggestion w/options for different focuses.

I have come across this on Total fitness. Really do not know about instructors. It's looks good.

Total Fitness DVDs - Your Total Source for Fitness

I like all of Eyefit's ideas but the time one would be the biggest factor for me. I'd like less time spent on bi and tri and overall minimizing any single arm at a time stuff, lunges too for same reason. Also, rotations set up to reflect most recent best way to do periodization philosophy- undulating? Not sure.

I'd love another STS program, but with DVD premix options for each week. When I do my own workout rotations, I like to change the way I do things weekly so that I don't get bored following the same pattern from week to week. If I do a split series like Gym Styles one week, the next week I may do two total body workouts, then the next week may be one upper body and one lower body, etc. I'd like to have those types of options for each week of STS. If I can break the workouts for that week into one upper body and one lower body or break them into two total body workouts or change the grouping of muscles that are worked on the same day or just focus on one muscle group each day, that would be great. Something like this would be really good for someone like me who has a really hard time sticking with workout programs because I like to change things up from week to week.

Also, I'd love it if there's an option for an undilated rotation in an STS2 program. Last year, I did STS for the first time and after 10 weeks of not doing endurance weight work (during meso 2 & 3), I noticed that my muscle endurance had declined some and that really bothered me. I realize that some would like to omit meso 1 and focus only on heavy weights/low reps, but I've noticed that when my muscle endurance is good, tough cardio workouts and tough heavy weight workouts feel easier and much more doable. I feel like having good muscle endurance is the foundation for having great cardiovascular and muscular strength and for having great overall fitness so it's very important to me to maintain it. I'm now doing STS again and I'll be adding in a few total body muscle endurance workouts like High Reps throughout mesos 2 & 3. An undilated approach would ensure that I maintain all 3 phases of muscle development throughout the program.

Last edited:
Also, I'd love it if there's an option for an undilated rotation in an STS2 program. Last year, I did STS for the first time and after 10 weeks of not doing endurance weight work (during meso 2 & 3), I noticed that my muscle endurance had declined some and that really bothered me. I realize that some would like to omit meso 1 and focus only on heavy weights/low reps, but I've noticed that when my muscle endurance is good, tough cardio workouts and tough heavy weight workouts feel easier and much more doable. I feel like having good muscle endurance is the foundation for having great cardiovascular and muscular strength and for having great overall fitness so it's very important to me to maintain it. I'm now doing STS again and I'll be adding in a few total body muscle endurance workouts like High Reps throughout mesos 2 & 3. An undilated approach would ensure that I maintain all 3 phases of muscle development throughout the program.

Hello Nikkigiovanni,

STS being a progressive linear program, you can still undulate within a week or a month . For example: you are on meso 3 or 2 Mon,Tue and Wed STS and Saturday power hour which is an endurance program. It's entirely up to you how you want to undulate.

Yes Endurance does establish a foundation to enable to smoothly lift through meso 2 and meso 3. Metabolic workout with light ( Which are endurance workout weight also do establish this preparation to meso2 and 3.

Undulation does bring more fun into the rotation

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Nckfitheart2009!

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. In my comment, I mentioned that I'll be doing some total body endurance workouts during mesos 2 & 3. I'll be doing the STS workouts on Mon, Tues, & Thurs and then a total body endurance workout on Sat.

Thanks

Hi Nckfitheart2009!

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. In my comment, I mentioned that I'll be doing some total body endurance workouts during mesos 2 & 3. I'll be doing the STS workouts on Mon, Tues, & Thurs and then a total body endurance workout on Sat.

Thanks

:cool:;) All the very best having fun:)
Happy confusion to your muscles:D

I love all of the great ideas previously posted for an STS 2!!

Welllll, Cathe, don't keep us in suspense. Is an STS 2 a possibility in the near future?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.