ICE MTB intermediate???!!!!

cher54

Cathlete
I pulled out Ice Metabolic TB yesterday and boy, what a workout! I think I was a bit fatigued beforehand so not sure if that played a role, but I got an excellent workout! I upped the weights on most of the exercises, but I think with even the weights Cathe is using, this is almost an advanced workout. Anybody else experience this?

Sherry, I am glad you posted this! ICE Metabolic was the first workout I did, and I was thinking, "THIS is Intermediate?" :) If so, I am in worse shape than I thought. True, I don't work out 5-6 days like I used to...I work out probably 4 days a week due to a busy travel schedule, but I find it very tough!

After doing the ICE/Xtrain rotation which has Super Cuts and Metabolic Total body in it, I felt like MTB with the blizzard blast is harder for me then Super Cuts. I love them both but my favorite has to be MTB:)

OK --- Now I see why you ask this question LOL:D:D
Metabolic total is, in my opinion, the toppest gem of the series. I love it
Intermediate-advanced, I do not really care about the rating. I just love and see myself visiting it
often. God, :eek::eek:I have not even started exploring premixes yet. The blizzard just top it up really good:):)

Late to the party, but am I the only person with weak triceps? I find all of the segments with tricep work quite challenging. I keep wondering "do I have good form"? I feel like my elbows are really flaring and not tight to my ears... Those 10-pounders were really feeling heavy near the end of plie squat/dumbbell curl/tricep extention move. I also find that muscle meltdown the hardest...

Late to the party, but am I the only person with weak triceps? I find all of the segments with tricep work quite challenging. I keep wondering "do I have good form"? I feel like my elbows are really flaring and not tight to my ears... Those 10-pounders were really feeling heavy near the end of plie squat/dumbbell curl/tricep extention move. I also find that muscle meltdown the hardest...

I have to use 8s for that move as my triceps are not able to handle 10 pounds per arm with this move. I can do more with kickbacks, or use a 20 pounder for overhead extensions ...

so, no, you are not the only one!

Clare

I find all of the segments with tricep work quite challenging. I keep wondering "do I have good form"? I feel like my elbows are really flaring and not tight to my ears... Those 10-pounders were really feeling heavy near the end of plie squat/dumbbell curl/triceps extention move.

The triceps moves feel more challenging cause they are combos --- double, triple and at some point
there is a quadruple combo --- Squat/Curl/press/ triceps extension;):). LOL when I got to
that point I thought REALLY:eek::eek:;) Ladies what do your stabilizers say to you at that point? Lol.
Well if one keep a good stance;), Good enough to not let that elbow flare out;)

IMO, if you feel your form is turning ugly just at the end of the set that means
your triceps are just fatigued/Cooked.:) That is ok:) That said it is good to wonder
about form:);) --- Form is everything, it prevent injuries.
No flaring out while curling and no bouncing , abruptly jerking the wrist at the top of the movement yike:eek:,
Well not for me/moi;) Hope this answer your question@[email protected]

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.