I will miss you Collage Video!!!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Today I want to express my gratitude to Collage video! As many of you may already know, Collage Video announced this past Tuesday that after 27 years of dedicated service, they are going out of business. When I first heard the news I was so shocked. Collage Video has been a very special part of my fitness history. If it weren't for Collage Video I’m not sure I would have started my own business. Collage had a very unique business which hugely impacted the fitness industry and helped bring integrity to the exercise video business. With their doors closing, I feel like I’m losing a dear friend in my fitness family….Jill and Jim, I will miss you dearly!!!
Exercise, Workout and Fitness videos & DVDs

Thanks for your comment Cathe. I feel sad about the whole thing. Seems silly but I checked the Collage Site so regularly for reviews, upcoming workouts, clips etc.. There isn't any site as good as Collage for reviews and clips that I've come across. That service was so valuable to me and I took it for granted. I just figured it would always be there to enable my credit card but alas, it's gone. I wish the owners well and the best of luck.

I agree with Cathe, Swimmer and cecefifi. I checked collage regularly for reviews, specials, new releases etc. I turned on MANY people to their website as well. They have been my "go to" site for info. Its a huge loss. How many of us had our first introduction to Cathe, KCM, Patrick Goudeau etc etc from Collage? I wish the family well.:(

I found Cathe through Collage Video. I don't know if I ever would have "discovered" her if not for them. I didn't have internet at that time, and didn't until probably 8 years after that!

Kimberly

Hi Cathe. I just posted on Ask Cathe how much I miss your posts and here you were posting.:eek: I definitely have to agree with you. It was Collage Video who introduced me to the PS Series back in the late 90's and I probably would've never started doing your workouts without their helpful descriptions and unbiased reviews. I will miss their ethics and professionalism, how they never posted a description without doing the workout first, how they never featured certain workout systems because they felt were a way to sell supplements and not the workout itself, and how they warned us when some companies repackaged older workouts to seem new and they have been out for years. Among many other things. I am very sad about this and I have only but well wishes to the owners and former employees. I will miss Collage very much.

I was a classic Firm believer right from the beginning. Then I called collage and asked for where else to go and they suggested Cathe. This was the days of VHS. I was so excited when their catalog would arrive in the mail. They introduced me to Cathe and I have been thankful ever since.

I too got my first Cathe workout through Collage: the VHS of Interval Max, which I used so heavily that I had to buy a replacement copy. I've bought innumerable workouts through Collage, and when I heard the news about its impending closing I bought innumerable more. Collage set the business model in motion for broad-spectrum home-exercise workout catalog companies, and for that I will always be grateful.

A-Jock

I too found Cathe through Collage Video, Step Max was the first vhs tape I ordered.
Sad to hear this news, I will always be grateful to them, and I will miss their site.:(:(:( Best wishes to them.

Brigitte

Hi Island Rose! I'm so sorry I haven't been posting as much. I'm really going to try to change that around now :) Have an awesome Friday!

Hi Cathe. I just posted on Ask Cathe how much I miss your posts and here you were posting.:eek: I definitely have to agree with you. It was Collage Video who introduced me to the PS Series back in the late 90's and I probably would've never started doing your workouts without their helpful descriptions and unbiased reviews. I will miss their ethics and professionalism, how they never posted a description without doing the workout first, how they never featured certain workout systems because they felt were a way to sell supplements and not the workout itself, and how they warned us when some companies repackaged older workouts to seem new and they have been out for years. Among many other things. I am very sad about this and I have only but well wishes to the owners and former employees. I will miss Collage very much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.