I used coasters for "markers" in Boot Camp

upperwests

Cathlete
I work out in my living room and it just seemed so much easier to grab my set of coasters to use as markers and spacers. I love this workout, but it is not neighbor friendly at all....particularly the drill where you're running back and forth with weights and picking them up and putting them down. It's also sooooooo annoying to move the step constantly. Oh well, you can't have everything!
Paula

RE: I used coasters for

I'm planning on using just the borders of my puzzle mats (that I set up in a checkerboard fashion) to mark space, and only 2 dumbells for the suicide drills (where weights aren't just space markers, but add to the intensity, IMO, though the drill can be done with fewer than 4).

I think with the sideways jump drill, I might just jump without markers. I try to jump as far as I can and it seems daft to be trying to guess where to place my markers to meet my jumps. But I agree coasters are a great idea.

Ruth

My 3 year old son likes to do BC with me. He actually went and got his markers and used them- what a great idea!

I also work out in my living room. Yesterday, I did Boot Camp. I didn't feel like using weights as markers and spacers either. Instead, I used DD's birthday party hats. It worked out very well.

i did not use markers for the jumps or the side to side skaters. I found that to be too tedious, to I just "eyeballed' it. Plus, I am really not supposed to be doing those moves anyway, so I have to modify the distance a bit.

I think I may try the workout without markers. They are probably not that necessary for most of them. I like the drills in BC. They go by so fast!!!
Angela:7

I was going to try these with my class but we don't have that many DB's sooo I was thinking of using COTTON BALLS! :eek: I don't think they'd move since we are on an indoor-outdoor type of carpeting??? Can't get any cheaper then cotton balls. LOL!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

>I was going to try these with my class but we don't have that
>many DB's sooo I was thinking of using COTTON BALLS! :eek: I
>don't think they'd move since we are on an indoor-outdoor type
>of carpeting??? Can't get any cheaper then cotton balls. LOL!

How about pennies?

I'm thinking of using my cats' catnip 'cigars' for intermediary markers between my puzzle mat borders.

Deb,
You could use anything for this move, that's why I love it so much! How about pens/pencils/markers? Or clothes pins? Anything, really. Have fun!

Allison

Thanks Kathryn & Allison...I like the idea of clothes pins...my class will think I went off the deep end when I walk in with a bag of them! :7

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

>Use snack size candy bars!}( (in the halloween spirit):p

Though they might 'mysteriously disappear' during the course of the workout, LOL!

For bootcamp...

I used the lines between the squares on my puzzle mats (or imagine a point 1/2 way between the lines) or I used the weights and put them at the edge of the puzzle mats out of the way. For the zig zag jump w/ the band (and the forward zig zag jump), I skipped the band and jumped over the lines between the puzzle mats.

For the step issue, I skipped moving the big step around and used my mini topper. I had sufficient room that way to run around it without panicking that I wouldn't get around it in time and I just stayed in 'place' tapping the top of the step from the sides when Cathe moves forward/backward along the long step during the toe touch things. Sure beat dragging that step out!

I exercise in our basement, which is also a playroom.

I used Barbie dolls for markers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.