I purchased a gym floor from Gerstung

Nurse229

After many hours of research....I purchased an energy block floor from Gerstung. I have to say I wish I had done it many years sooner. I am a home exerciser and I love Cathe's workouts but, my knees, ankles, hips took a beating after many years of jumping around on mats in my basement. (Good mats too) A little pricey but, worth every penny. I purchased a 12' x 12', very simple to put together (10 minutes) and all I can say is what a difference!!! Just a little information for those looking at gym floors.
Good luck
Theresa

Theresa.....I've been toying with this idea for about a year now. Could you tell me a bit more info? Do you happen to have a link to the product you bought? Did you buy it online and install yourself? Inquiring minds wanna know! :)

Theresa- This sounds great! I have Gerstung's "jog n shape" and love it. The only problem is that for many exercises it is too small a space. I would love to get a whole floor surface similar to it. Can you post a link to the exact flooring you purchased? Thanks for sharing about your flooring experience. shilo

Theresa.....I've been toying with this idea for about a year now. Could you tell me a bit more info? Do you happen to have a link to the product you bought? Did you buy it online and install yourself? Inquiring minds wanna know! :)
Good Morning,

If you go to Cathe.com, click on her blog, go to announcements and scroll down to Buying your own shock absorbent floor and read on. Click on Gerstung and look for Airbase 300 Subfloor. Floor is made of Baltic birch on 1 1/2" energy blocks. I paid about $1,500.00 with delivery for 12' x 12' (9 sections). You really don't have to go as large. I did because daughter and hubby like to workout with me and Cathe too. I spoke with Fran Ice. She was wonderful! Ask for a sample from ALL the companies to see what best suits your needs and environment in which you live (humidity,temperature issues). I live on long Island so humidity is an issue around July-Sept..(dehumidifier) and temperature in winter... (heat). Measure out your area, ask what size each section comes and go from there. They do accommodate for cut outs for a perfect fit. I had only one issue....Basement floor was not level, I placed a small smooth section of thin wood in low areas (corners) to keep it level to support the hinges that hold the floor tightly together. I have to say....Its a very impressive and effective product. I hope this was helpful. Good luck!
Theresa
http://www.gerstung.com/equipment/dance.floors.pages/airbasesubfloor.html

I'll have to keep that in mind for my "real" house! I have what I think are hardwood floors in my living room where I work out and there's plenty of give (whether thats a good thing or not, I'm not sure!) and I don't have any issues. I would love to have an area in a finished basement someday with good flooring!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.