I only burn...

wonderwoman

Cathlete
about 2000-2200 calories a day.
I just bought myself the FitBit Flex which I love and I never really realized how in active I am through out the day. What a wake up call. That also includes my 30 minute workouts 6 days a week.
I have a very sedentary job. I sit behind a computer for 8hrs a day so to help myself out every time I go to the bathroom which is about 20x a day (I drink water all day long)I go to the basement bathroom. My building is only 4 stories tall and I'm on the last floor. So that helps me some. My goal is 10,000 steps a day.
Does anyone know approxiamately how many calories they burn a day????

Hi. Yes, I burn a similar amount as you, when I've been active. On an inactive day, I burn 1700-1800. The beauty of the FitBit and similar devices is that we finally get a true picture of our daily energy needs. It's not as much as we'd like!

I love my FitBit Flex. Originally I bought it to keep track of my sleeping patterns but I have learned to much more. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's very easy to use you don't need a computer. It syncs right to my IPhone. All you need to do is install the App for it. The battery usually last about 5-6 days and its waterproof.
Can u tell I love it??? LOL

I love my FitBit Flex. Originally I bought it to keep track of my sleeping patterns but I have learned to much more. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's very easy to use you don't need a computer. It syncs right to my IPhone. All you need to do is install the App for it. The battery usually last about 5-6 days and its waterproof.
Can u tell I love it??? LOL

How long do you have to take it off for a charge? I like tracking the sleeping patterns. Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to make sure I get it right this time. A few weeks ago, I purchased a polar but didn't like it, to big on the wrist, and this chest strap didn't always work. Is it pretty accurate without a chest strap?

You only have to take it off for about 3-4 hours for a charge but I never wait until its completely dead to charge it. The battery is about half way when I charge it and you charge it on your computer. Plugs right in. I usually charge it on Sunday which is my least active day. Every week it emails you a stat report of how many hours of sleep you averaged for that week how many calories burned how many steps taken your least/most actives days. I feel it's pretty accurate when it comes to calories burned throughout out the day. I have to remind myself that nothing's exact it's always aproximations.
Hope that helps
Lilly

I have three (yes three) of the fitbit. The Ultra, Flex and the Zip. Here are the pros and cons of each one.
The Ultra: This one is my favorite the pros are it counts steps, distance, calories burned, stairs climbed, tracks sleep and has a stop watch and a clock. The only thing I dont like about it is the holder is to big and bulky and can pop off if you wear it on your pocket/pants. You can let it get rained on or sweaty but its not water proof. Recharge off your computer
The Flex: I loved that it was so easy to wear never took it off and its waterproof. It counts steps, calories burned, distance, tracks sleep and has a silent vibrating alarm. I didn't like that it was not accurate with with the step count. If you log on to your fitbit account on your iphone or android you can swing your arm and watch it count the steps. I have a desk job and couldn't believe i was walking 12,000+ steps a day!! Its also very sensitive, I was burping my granddaughter and put it into sleep mode. This also charges on your computer.
The Zip: This one is very basic, very small, it counts steps, distance calories burned this one is not waterproof it can get rained on or sweaty
it has a battery that you replace every 3-4 months no need to charge weekly. This is the one I am currently wearing.
Hope this helps everybody

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.