I need to loose 30 pounds but I've neer used cathe's tapes

backtofit

These past 5 yrs I let my self go. Now I'm determined to get back to shape. I am no stranger to exercise, in my days I worked out 6 days a week and was very toned, but never used any of cathe's tapes. I need to loose 30 poounds. I still have muscle but to no use since I aslo have layers of fat on top. What should I start with to get back on track. Thanks...

:7

I recommend that you go to the Rotations link on the forums and take a look at either the Cathe Beginner Rotation or the HardCore Fat Loss Rotation.

If you haven't worked out in a while, try the beginner one.

Good Luck!

-Becky

Backtofit,
It might be hard to start a rotation until you accumulate a good # of Cathe's DVDs (which you WILL want to do once you start doing her workouts). :) It's tough to make a recommendation without knowing what kind of workouts you like to/can do: step? kickboxing? high-intensity? So, I'll share my personal preferences: Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance and the Gym Style series. I'm also partial to Kick, Punch, Crunch. No matter which workouts you choose, I think you will find that Cathe will give you GREAT results. I have lost 25 lbs. through mostly running, some kickboxing & strength training via Cathe. (I do cardio 3-5x a week depending on my schedule and lift 3x a week.) Anyway, you will be amazed at the transformation in your body. She is the best!

cathy :)

RE: I need to loose 30 pounds but I've neer used cathe'...

I think the CTX Series (Cross Train Express) would be a great choice for someone just starting back...they give you a bit of everything in 6 differnt workouts...step, hi/lo, kickbox, circuit workouts, intervals, a whole workout devoted to legs, lots of different ab/core workouts and so on. You can't go wrong with this series. here's a link if you'd like to check into more details:

http://www.shopcathe.com/cross_train_xpress_p/300.htm

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I second CTX. I think that Bootcamp/ME and the Gym Styles would be a bit ambitious for someone just starting back after a fairly lengthy absence.

Really, Shelly? Hmm...I am not familiar with CTX... I started out with the GS series, but I tend to go at things kamikaze, so maybe you have a point. *lol* The bottom line: If you're out of shape, I think ANY of cathe's workouts will be a challenge and you'll have to do what you can and slowly build up.

Thanks, I just purchashed CTX, i am excited. I today I should be receiving the SLow & Heavy Series. Is there a rotation I should use for these two DVD's for weight loss and muscle gain? Or is it too much?

My first purcahse was cross train express, and I am so glad. You will love it. It is so much fun and keeps your interest. Let me say this, I did not really start to lose weight until I made an effort to eat 6 small meals per day. Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.