I need help with party food

denise5

Cathlete
Help!!!

My daughter is having her 13th birthday party tomorrow night. It is a dance party with about 40 people expected. I am just having snack food, chips and dip, pop, fried chicken wings and little smokies. I think about 8 pounds of wings will work but I don't know how many little smokies to get. Anyone have any idea? Yes, I do know it is all junk food, but once in a while does not hurt.

Denise

Are little smokies pigs in a blanket? I love them. Get alot; you can get the appetizer trays from costco really cheap! Thats what I always get.

Congrats on giving birth 13 years ago!

I have to say, if I went to your party, I would starve because there would be nothing I could or would eat and I'd have to leave early. You could throw in some healthy food for those that don't want to eat junk - hummus, salsa, crudites with a homemade low fat yogurt dip, spicy olives, whole wheat pitas, light devilled eggs, a selection of lighter cheeses (like soft goat cheese), crispbread, etc.

Have a great time, and don't stress too much!

I threw my daughter a "13" party July 6th. It went great. I serve junk also. The one thing that all the girls eat every party or sleepover are homemade cookies and homemade muffins. It seems nobody bakes anymore so they devour them. I make double batches of everything. I have 8 teen girls this morning from last night sleepover and they all went for the banana muffins for breakfast. Have Fun ...Peggy

Thanks everyone!

Party was great. I did add grapes to the table. Had a ton of kids. They said it was the best party yet. Now I have to get ready for my 10 year old girl's birthday party today. We are having a swiming pool party and serving pizza. My 10 and 13 year old were born on the same day just 3 years, 6 hours, and 15 minutes apart. This is the first year they have had separate parties. My husband and I are worn out. The party today is from 4 to 7. We are looking forward to 7 o'clock.

Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.