I need blueberry recipes!

jcm

Cathlete
Picked 16 lbs of blueberries yesterday - we got a little carried away :) Some will go in the freezer but if you guys know of any recipes or links so sites that have blueberry recipes it would be greatly appreciated!

Jen

I picked a bunch of blueberries this past weekend. Yummy!

Sorry, I don't have any particular recipes. I eat mine on my cereal and in my ice cream. I also give some away to neighbors. That's always a nice option!

Enjoy!

I use "allrecipes.com". You can type in your ingrediants and all kinds of recipes come up. Read the reviews too! I've found them really helpful.

Hi Jen. Some ways I have used blueberries, ranging from the healthy to the indulgent:

smoothies
mixed with oatmeal
sprinkled (and smashed) to substitute for jam in a PB&J
blueberry chia seed jelly
muffins, breads
pancakes (from paleo to protein to regular)
blueberry chicken salad (replace mayo with greek yogurt)
blueberry french toast bake
blueberry pie bars
blueberry pie for one

Freeze the surplus! I learned from watching Ina Garten that the best way to freeze berries is by lining a cookie sheet (that will fit in your freezer) with waxed paper, and loading it with clean berries in a single layer, spacing them so they’re not touching. Freeze until solid (an hour or two), and then pack into freezer container or Ziploc bags. Freezing and THEN storing makes a huge difference!

Happy eating!

Lisa

Here's a real easy recipe:

SMOOTHIE

1 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 Cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana (can be frozen)
2 Tbsp. ground flax
2 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder (optional)
2 Tbsp. hemp or chia seeds

Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds.
Makes one serving.

ENJOY!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love taking advantage of all the fresh food available in the summer! I live in Michigan and after the winter we had it was hard to keep the faith it would ever be warm again! We're going to make some smoothies today and my 14 year old will be doing some baking. This is one of the times it's a bummer being paleo!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love taking advantage of all the fresh food available in the summer! I live in Michigan and after the winter we had it was hard to keep the faith it would ever be warm again! We're going to make some smoothies today and my 14 year old will be doing some baking. This is one of the times it's a bummer being paleo!!

Jen, the blueberry pie for one recipe I linked to is Paleo-friendly (blueberries, almond flour, coconut oil, almond butter, and optional honey). It makes for a surprisingly yummy dessert!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.