I love personal training!!

lcobb2

Cathlete
I developed a fairly difficult leg workout for my clients (everthing modified based on where they are at with their training and their specific training goals). I emailed them this morning to see how they feel. The feedback was great and I totally love this industry!!!

Workout (about 400 squats in all). Each time increase weight, decrease reps (rep range from 20 each side to 10 each side):

Traveling Lateral Squats alternating with overhead press and bicep curls (5, 8, 10, 12, 15 & 20 lbs dbs)
Low level side skaters (5, 8, 10, 12 lbs dbs)--stay in sumo squat position--no impact
Clean and sweep or hammer curl to overhead arnold press in sumo squat position (5, 8, 10, 12 lb dbs.)
Sumo squat with a dumbbell pick up (15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 lbs dbs).
Chest press superset with triceps push ups (1 set only go for reps, little weight)
Olympic Barbell one arm row superset with barbell overhead press (3 sets each; no rest!)
1 set of seated calf raises, 1 set of standing calf raises (1 set each)
Walking lunges (length of gym floor; no weight up to 20 lb barbell)
Abs if time

Their responses:

Also, here are some comments that my clients gave me this morning about the workouts from the weekend (insert Cathe evil witch laugh):
My question to them all:

"How are your legs today? Yesterday?"

Their responses:

R U kidding? I was soooooooo tired - today I feel like I am trying to squeeze a ball between my crotch. Ow, ow, ow:) I will however do some cardio today. Have to see my mom first - she called me this morning and asked me to come by before I went to work. I feel so exhausted sometimes. Talk to you soon - thanks for the great workouts - at least now I don't have to face the weights until maybe tomorrow or Wed:)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Soooooo - the real question is how old will the baby be before it can
squeeze a ball between the legs - I would venture to say probably before it learns to walk. Just kidding.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday they were just fine. This morning they were fine but as the day goes along I'm finding I have to stretch. I'm feeling it and of course lovin it.....gawd I'm sick. I just know if I'm feeling this way my legs and bum are tighter. Too bad it is so cold and I'm not wearing shorts. By the way, my shoulders are tightening up too. I went to reach for a drinking glass from the upper shelf and did the eeeyowww thing.

Have a good week and see you on Saturday for another interesting session.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wow...you are awesome with the repeat performance. I just stood up after sitting for about 90 minutes. Owwwww! So I just did about 5 minutes of stretching and will do some more quick stretching before getting on the plane. First part of my flight is business class so I have a bit of extra room. Next leg is coach and I think an economy airline. Thank goodness I'm small.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why, thanks for asking, my little Marquise. Yesterday, they were just worn out. But I had dinner plans with................which means down and up all my steps and walking uphill to the car, etc...That, in addition to my better than usual post-workout nutrition - I had a chocolate milk and some soup - seems to have made me less sore today. Than I would have been.

Because I'm still sore - inner thighs, outer thighs, quads, hamstrings, calves a little - we really got them all. So today I still feel like a pinata.
My arms are a little sore, too.

Awesome workout and awesome responses! Sounds like you kicked their butts! I can't wait
to get back into it myself!

Clarissa

LOL. I had the same reaction. 400 squats? Is there an extra zero in there? I think I'd end up with an overuse injury, or ten! ;)

Amy

Nope--they did 382 (I counted). All with different weights, different feet/leg positions, etc. Low ends, high ends, full reps, etc. I modified everything for each client as we all know that everyone is in a different place. ;)

Huh?

Just wondering: what is your reasoning behind having your clients do so many squats? Aren't you afraid of overdoing it? Just wondering;)

Just wondering: what is your reasoning behind having your clients do so many squats? Aren't you afraid of overdoing it? Just wondering;)

Not at all as I keep them moving and cue them (personal trainers will understand this) to isolate different muscle groups throughout the entire workout (glues, hams, quads, etc.). They came back smiling and with bells on. They love it. Think Cathe with a different twist--same exerise, with different leg positions and differnt weight. If you know Cathe, then my workouts are "easy". :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.