I Hate Cardio : May 3

August

Cathlete
Okay, what is going on here?!

I've actually been waiting to see if someone will start the thread but nobody has...so it looks like it's me again!

Michele - That's sweet that your DH is calling you from around the world. When is he coming home?

Diane - I laughed out loud reading about your watching TV and doing treadmill. I remember eons ago when I used to ride a stationary bike while reading a book and sometimes the book would fall out of my hands (while balancing my elbows on the steering bar, of course) and I would shout out, "WOAH!" Obviously, reading on a stationary bike didn't do much for my concentration to actual exercise. As for working out on an empty stomach - I would never be able to. I've heard that fasted HIIT is recommended for fat loss, but I just don't see that happening for me. I mean, the FIRST thing I do in the morning is eat...because I'm hungry!

Char Char - Best of wishes to you for starting your new position at the bank!

Kate - Hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And what a wonderful gift to give yourself - the gift of cardio - the greatest gift of all (read : being extremely sarcastic here). Oh yeah, life with only weights and stretching - now that would be ideal. Anyway, have fun on your field trip.

Dana - All that playing with Gabe (tag and baseball) IS exercise, Dana, so don't you be beating yourself up about keeping on a rotation! Woo hoo for Gabe on his 2 goals!

I actually kind of like the new spot for this thread just because it's easier to find. That reminds me to ask, does this forum use cookies? I've tried clicking "read new" a few times, but it seems like a kzillion threads come up that aren't new. (That was NOT a message to start up on cookie talk again.)

And now..........drum roll please..............................I've just finished KPC! Yeah! I did everything but the pikes (I substitute something I can actually DO). It felt good. And bad. All at the same time.

And then after having my protein drink, I started reading my BFFM. Uh oh. In the first chapter it tells you what kinds of statements are self-defeating, and one of them in particular struck me. It is : "I hate cardio." I couldn't help but chuckle. Er, I mean, cringe.

Yes I am still here, it was just a crazy day yesterday and the same for today. I was a slacker all last week and last weekend so I got put really far behind on crap I have to do and playing catch up with a child who does not want to help is not fun!

So, anyway how is everyone?

Michele~ you must be the BF expert by now! Your DH is going to flip when he sees how hot stuff you will look like when he comes home...

Dana~ Playing tag baseball...how cute! I more than think that counts as cardio chasing 2 boys...that should be a calorie burner for sure!

DMoney~ loved the treamill story..I would always sing and not realize I was singing so loud..heheee....

August~ well its about time you did some cardio..now go and go it again to make up for all the times you have not done it!!!

Char Char~ What are you doing today???? Yard work??

Kate~ Happy Birthday! yeah!
25.gif

Ok got to go now, it's not 8 yet, so still on time so far.

Have a good day everyone!

August, thank you, thank you, thank you for starting this thread today. I am so tired I can hardly function. I've gotten approximately 4 hours of sleep in the past 2 days and I feel like crap.

I know, it is cute how my DH calls me on all his layovers. He just landed in Germany, a 23 hour flight from Australia. He comes home next week, on Tuesday, I think.

I have Body Fusion today. I'm not making any promises. I have a hair appointment this morning that I would love to cancel, but my stylist is soooo busy, I won't be able to get another appt for a month if I don't keep this one, and I do not want grey roots on my birthday--lol! Anyway, I may need to just go to bed when I get home.

August, I glad you got through KPC. I suck at kickboxing--lol!

I'll see you later...well, maybe not until tomorrow. Have a great day and a great work out!

Michele

Hi Everyone -

August, BFFM does not sound like the book for me if I can't say that I hate cardio! Congrats on getting through KPC! I haven't done this one in a little while but it is one of my favorites because it is so fun. Kickmax doesn't have the fun factor that KPC does, more of a dread factor is the drills at the end. I still can't do pikes either.

Michele - Get some sleep! Hopefully you can find time to take a nap today, and you better do your Body Fushion! I hope your hubby gets home soon.

Char Char - Did you start your job today? How do you like it so far?

Jana - Hope you have a good workout today. I am going to Artista for lunch today, so I get a yummy salad!

I will be stuck in my office all night tonight, boo. This morning I did a 30 min run/walk with 14 min run/1 min walk. Was actually not too hard, just a little boring

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I am going to celebrate today by dumping the cardio and going on the fieldtrip. Yeah. This is the last fieldtrip of the schoolyear (25 for the Kindergarten class this past year) and I am thrilled. But I will need a new excuse to not workout for the day.
I would love to start the thread but I am in CA and am sure that I am finally getting to my workout by the time everyone else is ready for bed so thank you August!!!
Time to go, gotta pack healthy lunches

Happy Birthday Tall Chickeroo! Have a great day!

Starting job on Monday. Trying to get house cleaned today and yard mowed tomorrow. I am going to take off and do a high jog here in a about 2 mins. My neck is still alittle stiff, but getting better...maybe I can break it all up with the run. Gosh, hope so!

Char Char

Just got back...refreshing! Storm is coming now and here I thought I would be running in the rain again! Oh, well!

Gonna finish cleaning and do chest/back this evening.

Char Char

Howdy fellow haters!

I'm bad. I did not do my cardio. I'm just too tired. I did get a nap in but I just don't feel up to snuff. My rotation doesn't call for cardio tomorrow, only abs and a stretch, so I'll tack it on then. I have to get up early and get some routine lab work done (cholesterol level and all that stuff). I'm on a statin drug to lower cholesterol and it's time to check it again. Hopefully all this friggin cardio has made a small dent in it. I have to renew my drivers license, too.

Kate, I hope you had a good time on your field trip. Now you need to resume your cardio :p . I hope you had a fantastic birthday! Did you get a special gift? How about cake? Did you have cake? What kind of cake? Was it chocolate? Can you tell I'm fixated on cake?

Jana, I hope you're able to catch up on everything. It did not escape my notice that you didn't mention anything about cardio--lol! How's that knee?

Diane, it sounds like you're making strides in your running program--pun intended:p . Girl, we've got to get you out of that office. My, oh my, you're working way too hard.

Dana, I hope you were able to get back on your rotation. I can't imagine how hard it must be to fit it in on top of everything else you've got going on. I know I say that a lot, but really, I can't imagine it. I'm rooting for you all the way in your challenge!

Ellen, how are you feeling? I'm going to keep talking to you from this thread since this is your real, true home--lol! I hope you'll come join us. You know misery loves company.;-)

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. I need to fix a little dinner and I'm going to try to get to bed early. My DH called me before going to bed so I can sleep tonight without interruption.

Holy Crap!! How could I forget Toasty!?!?!?!? Hey, what's up with your neck? Could it be from all that crazy jumping around? Gosh, I hope it's nothing serious. I herniated a disc before and I've been very protective of my neck ever since. You take care of it, ya hear!? Good luck on your new job.

Have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow. I probably won't post until rather late because of my morning appts.

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.