I Hate Cardio Check In: Saturday

Hi Haters!!

Ya'll aren't slacking today just because it is Saturday? I hope not!!!! No one else started this thread yet and that scares me! Now, I know I am not going to be the only here today running, am I?
Yes, I have to run for 50 mins and then do PLB too. Killer workout day.

I'll be checking back to see what you all are up to today. COME ON...WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Char Char

Hellllllllllo!

Sorry about that, I was out of town again. Haha, no keeling over from KPC. (After KM blasts, maybe.)

Hey Michele, did I ever answer you about the stiff clips? I don't know why but while I was out of town and thinking of cardio and all you guys, it occurred to me that I hadn't answered that question. It's SO important, too, so I wanted to let you know : my stiff clips are the thingies on the barbells that keep the plates from falling off the bar.

Okay, so now that that is off my chest...

You've lost 7 pds?! That's fantastic! Glad to hear you got some good sleep finally.....What's this about Volcano Cake? Holy moly!

Dana - YOUR goal weight has NOTHING to do with other people's goal weights! I know you know that, but I just had to write it. Whatever the case, we here at Cardiohatesville are behind you all the way! And what with your being so busy, we'd prefer your posting here anyway. Your work sounds like it keeps you extremely busy!.......Oh by the way, that cake sounds totally good, too - Black Magic Cake...ohhhhhhhhh...

Diane - Is this a particularly busy time of the year for you or is this just the norm?...That's cute how you and your DH celebrate your bdays.

Toasty - Maybe your mind is taking some time off your workouts and into preparing for all the new things with your new work coming this week? We're sending great wishes for a wonderful time at your new workplace! ...Woah, I've just read your Saturday post - yay! Sounds like you're back up to par!

Jana - Thanks for the barbell suggestion. I did try it with super light weights but it was still swollen-arm-city. I'll try it under my chin next time as you suggested. Oh, and vibes coming your way! How'd the DR go?....OH NO! I've just gotten to your next post. So you do need surgery after all? Oh, Jana, I'm so sorry to hear that. But like you said, it's only a 5-minute surgery that might clear up all those horrible problems and the pain your going through. This is the beginning to a new knee! It will be so worth it. You can work on your arms and get nice and buff for summer shirts, and you can rub all our noses in having a great excuse not to do cardio for a bit. It does suck but it really will be good to get it fixed sooner than later.

Kate - You know, I've noticed a lot of you guys do two workouts in a day. Is this just my imagination, or is this the trend for you cardio haters? I haven't been ice skating for soooo long. I remember the last time I went my ankles got incredibly sore. I'll bet it's good cardio if you can get going...

As for myself, I'm having another go at Power Hour today. And I'm going to LIKE it, damnit!

August--I have heard that ice-skating is a good workout but I think one has to get going. I am sorta of stagnant--happy to be upright and not falling. I fell three weeks ago and sprained my wrist, bruised my elbows and knee. I am finally faded. But ouch, ouch, ouch. I am ignoring my wrist since it is almost back to normal and trying again (stupid, I know)
Today I did Lowmax and AbJam. Boring day, but that is all I can do.Another birthday party this weekend (and one more next weekend). Children sure have busy social lives!
Hope everyone has a good day!!!!

where is everyone? Can all of you possibly believe that just because it is the weekend that your bod is going to excuse you from cardio? If so, tell me your secrets!!!!!

Okay you guys, I am not even supposed to be here but I caved under the pressure. I WON'T be here tomorrow so don't even beckon me to the forums--lol! I'll be visiting my family and indulging in UNclean eating.

I did, in fact, do Body Fusion today and I still can't get that #$&* 3rd cardio combo. I must be a sight for sore eyes trying to do those lunges. It would make great blackmail material if someone managed to secretly film my attempts--lol! Anyway, I do as many lunges as I can muster without the hop, and then I take it down to corner to corner knee ups. I have one more week of BF on this rotation and I don't even want to think about it.

Char Char, how was your run? I'm glad you started this thread. Just knowing that you were going to check back put the fear of God into me.

August, how was Power Hour? I haven't done that one in ages. I still have 6 weeks left on my current rotation. Thanks for the explanation of stiff clips. I have always just called them clips...it was the stiff part that threw me off--lol!

Kate, ice skating!? Yeah...right...lol! I don't even want to go there:eek: :7. I don't even want to think about what kind of injuries I'd sustain. I also can't imagine ever being able to get through Lomax--egads! I'm having a hard enough time with BF.

Have a great rest of the weekend! I'll see you on Monday.

Michele

Hey chicks! I can't believe that I even turned on the computer since it is the weekend. Gannon is on my lap so if there are typos it is his fault. LOL!

Today Gabe and I finally got to go for our bike ride. We went 8 miles. The trail is 14 miles and when we got there he was like, I'm not gonna get tired, I can ride the whole thing. Yeah right!
We started out great. Did our first mile in only 5 minutes. 2nd mile took 10 minutes and then he started complaining. He took like 20 breaks. We got to mile 3 and he was really complaining. His legs hurt, his butt hurt, he was tired, blah, blah, blah. We had to stop at a picnic table, then we had to sit on a tree stump. By the time we got to mile 4 he was telling me that the ride was going to kill him. He is SO dramatic. So we turned around. The entire trip took 90 minutes, with all the breaks, 3 wipes out, etc. I would have liked to ride the entire thing. But I think that riding 8 miles for a 5 year old is pretty good. He also had a soccer game prior to our bike ride. He made 3 goals! My butt is a bit sore - I need to get one of those gel cushions or something for my seat.

Have a great weekend everyone! I doubt that I'll be on tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.