I got to meet Cathe!

owltx

Cathlete
I was in the NJ area and knew her gym was close to my hotel and so scoped it out and was able to attend her Live class last Thursday!

You guys, it. was. awesome!!!

And she is soooooo sweet and lovely in person, just like what you would imagine from her DVD persona. She was obviously very busy, had another class afterwards but took the time to chat for a bit and graciously consented to a picture, just very very nice.

And the class - what energy, so much fun taking it live and having her teach.

If you ever get the change to go to her gym, I highly recommend it!

-Stephanie

Wow, that is amazing. I just love, love, love Cathe - she is the best fitness instructor out there, in my opinion. She is amazing, knowledgeable, professional, fun, kind, well, I can keep on going. So thankful to have found Cathe's DVDs. I attended one of her Road Trips back in 2008 and it was AMAZING!!! Just like Stephanie describes her - that's exactly how she is. :) Lucky You, Stephanie!!!

So awesome Stephanie!! I hope to do the same over the summer. Do you just pay for the class that day? What time should I arrive if I plan on trying one of the live classes? Cathe is the best...and I am not surprised how personable she was. It comes across on her videos.

ChelePA - so you just pay at the front desk of the gym for a day pass $10. The bored person behind the counter acted like it was no big deal and I felt like: DUDE I GET TO SEE CATHE!!!! :) The class starts precisely at 9:15 on Thursdays, so you should probably plan to be there at 9. There was another class right before, so that way you know you are in line and ready. She also has other classes she teaches during the week - you can check the gym's schedule they post online to see if other times/days would work better for you.

Ack, nathalie, the video, no need to see me - keep the camera on Cathe! :) It was really nice of her to give the shout out.

ChelePA - so you just pay at the front desk of the gym for a day pass $10. The bored person behind the counter acted like it was no big deal and I felt like: DUDE I GET TO SEE CATHE!!!! :) The class starts precisely at 9:15 on Thursdays, so you should probably plan to be there at 9. There was another class right before, so that way you know you are in line and ready. She also has other classes she teaches during the week - you can check the gym's schedule they post online to see if other times/days would work better for you.

Ack, nathalie, the video, no need to see me - keep the camera on Cathe! :) It was really nice of her to give the shout out.
I'm in NJ at least once a year and always plan on going, but haven made it yet. I'll be there end of June beginning of July and plan on going. I hope my schedule - busy with friends and family - allows it. I like hearing that there are other days that she teaches classes. Being in the live workout would be intense. Yay for you!!

How lucky! I will do the same someday.....I hope! I have yet to make it into a roadtrip. It sells out in seconds it seems like. I've been doing Cathe Live for about 2 months now and it struck me......as I started her live classes I went to the very beginning. There were precious few brave folks willing to be filmed. As I go along trying to get caught up, the classes seem to be getting larger. In this clip.....the class is quite large! I love seeing the same people each time too! I bet if I ever did a live class I would be saying " Hey Deb!", "Hello Ro!" They might think I'm a stalker!

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Life is good! I'm excited for you.

Last edited:

Thanks so much for the info!

Stephanie, that is so AWESOME!! That is on my bucket list to get to NJ and go to her gym. Actually I would like to do that for my 50th birthday next year. I've been on the 2 Chicago RT's which were amazing. Would love, love, love to get to her gym to take one of her classes.

Cathe is amazing, energetic, knowledgeable, an excellent instructor... what else can I say....SHE ROCKS!!!

So, so happy for you Stephanie that you got to experience that.

I was in the NJ area and knew her gym was close to my hotel and so scoped it out and was able to attend her Live class last Thursday!

You guys, it. was. awesome!!!

And she is soooooo sweet and lovely in person, just like what you would imagine from her DVD persona. She was obviously very busy, had another class afterwards but took the time to chat for a bit and graciously consented to a picture, just very very nice.

And the class - what energy, so much fun taking it live and having her teach.

If you ever get the change to go to her gym, I highly recommend it!

-Stephanie
So glad you got to enjoy the LIVE experience, Stephanie! Great meeting you this past weekend! Hope to see you at a RT one day. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.