I got my highstep!!!! Guess how much it cost!

icklemoley

Cathlete
Well i did it. I bought a highstep. It cost me $60 to order it. $150 in postage! and then $35 in duty (i live in england!). Was it worth it??? Oh yea! lol ... i love it! I alrady have 4 risers and it comes with 4, so all the height i need. This is so cool...can't wait to use it.

ps ... it doesn't move when i step on it. i know some people have been having problems with the step shifting. Oh and its Blue :-(

Hi icklemoley,

Where did you get it from? was it www.fwonline.com, because if you did, I tried emailing them on a number of occasions but recieved no reply.
Oh! buy the way,from what you said, am I to take it that you paid (gulp!) $245 altogether, for your high step? (yikes!) that on the exchange comes to nearly £145, I am not sure if I need it that badly,
but enjoy anyway.

Hotchick:+

Yea, i know, cost loads eh! Gulp....but i really wanted one, and ... (and this makes it less of a gulp!) i didn't pay for it. It was a present. It can be sent normal mail (4-6 weeks) for about $30, but you will still have to pay duty, which is £24. Sad ain't it? But i'm happy that the top doens't shift, which was worrying me as people were saying on this board how unstable they felt. Perhaps blue is better? I'm not sure where it was sent from...i will find out for you.

Woo-Hooo Wayne! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! Just curious if you ordered it from Jean at Fitness Wholesale??? I think the blue is cool! I have both colors, one for hubby & one for me. Glad you are happy. That makes it WORTH the price. ENJOY!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I appreciate that.
I am hoping just to purchase the topper though, as I have six risers just sitting there.

A present you say? (someone must find you very special indeed)

Have a good day.

Hotchick ;)

Hello,

I live in England too and I also bought a mini step. I had it delivered to a friend in the US and she brought it with her when she came over. I was very lucky indeed because the step was delivered just in time for her visit to the UK.

Personally though, I don't think you need the mini step. You can work just as well by adding risers to your existing step. It might work out cheaper to buy the risers only from a UK supplier. Or you can ask someone in the US to deliver it by airmail instead of UPS shipping as this is cheaper.

I was very lucky to have the friend otherwise I would not have a step. It cost me £26 (she says smugly....).

:7 :7 :7 :7

Yen

How long have you been exercising to Cathe Wayne? (Is it Wayne?).

Thanks DebH sad how excited i am about some bloody highstep! I think the blue is cool too, though grey, would of been better, i think? lol ... i'm still trying to find out where it came from... i'll find out this eve and then let you know where it was.

Congrats! Trust me, I'm excited, too. Actually, when they were supposed to come out a year ago, I couldn't stop talking about wanting one. MY DB was poised and ready to get me one for my birthday, but they never came out. My mom just ordered one for me on Saturday as a present :D I'm also getting my troy lite barbell and the new "original" step... the black/gray one. I broke her bank, but she's excited, too. :)

Sara

http://www.picturetrail.com/rayiisara/sblordita

Hey Sarah...haven't heard from you. Sent you a reply e-mail...hope you received it (i've been having troubles with my computer)...Bimba looks great!

Wayne x

I think you're adorable, Wayne. It WAS expensive, but if spending that much was the only way you could get it and you REALLY wanted it and you'll REALLY use it (which you obviously did and obviously will), then it was worth every penny! You could easily spend that much going out to dinner a few times and then what would you have to show for it? I think your priorities are in the right place. Have fun with it!

Hey Wayne!
I sent you an e-mail about a week ago, but I will resend it. Definitely haven't received your e-mail :( Maybe it's my Yahoo account that's having trouble? Look for an e-mail in awhile!!

:D
Sara

Wow! Wayne, what a cool gift :)
What shipping option did you choose that cost $150?!! I'm going to wait until next year to order my High Step and I'll definitely be going for the slowest and cheapest shipping option available. How big was the box? Was there a lot of packing material? Has it made a difference to your workouts? Oops! Sorry for all the questions :)
ATB,
- Lisa :)

Just curious, can you use the risers on the step with the mini-step? I have four purple ones, and would love to just get the top. Thanks.

I have four risers already and use them with the high step (which came with 4 risers anyway - i don't use all eight mind you!). Being 6ft tall i use 5-6 risers which is about right for my height. The box it came in is only slighty bigger than the highstep itself...which is smaller than i imagined. Blue as well. The box features Cathe and some other woman doing varoious exercises. The box is actually very misleading me thinks. The video they show that comes with it is PLB but its actualy ME! Not that i care, i have them all anyway. I think $200 plus dollors is a little expensive for the highstep but it has made a difference in my training. I love it and feel like i'm doing some good to my body (though today, my ass sure doesn't think it! lol - ouch the pain!!!). I'm very happy i have one. I still cant find out where it came from, though i know it came from Pennsylvania...if that helps? I promise to do my best. They did offer a less expensive option for delivery but that takes ages ... and when i want something i want it yesterday...like i said before, it doesn't wobble or feel unstable, even with 6 risers underneath (which is good). All in all, i'm happy with it.

Sara: - i will e-mail you later...x

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.