I finished Ultimate Yogi yesterday!

jcm

Cathlete
I just wanted to share that with Cathletes. I subscribe to the FB group but don't usually post. It took me 118 days to do the 108 day program but that's still pretty good. Every day - for that long - and I HATED yoga - I feel proud of the accomplishment. People on the FB group talk about all of this emotional stuff - crying on the mat. Not picking on them but can't identify at all. I was shocked though that yesterday when I completed the 108 sun salutations I did get choked up.

Have Yoga Warrior 365 so I'll play with that until the kids are back in school and I hit UY again. It was a great experience. My sinuses are clearer than ever, I breathe better, my back pain is gone, my sleep is amazing and my arms are seriously ripped. It made me stop making fun of yoga.

But my kids are ready for me to come back to Cathe. They kept laughing at Travis for the last 3+ months. :)

Jen

Congrats!

Congrats, Jen! I have this and have done a few of the workouts. Do you think it's effective to work into a Cathe rotation? Is once a week enough?
Nice to hear about your arms being ripped - what about your legs and core?
Thank you for posting this!

Congrats! I'm on day 39 and loving it! This is my 3rd attempt, this time I will make it all the way, after that I may just start it again!:)

Thanks guys! I've completed STS twice but this was definitely intense. I did the program as it was intended - 108 straight (with those few days off because I have shoulder issues). My back and core are definitely strong - I can feel it under my relatively small muffin top :) Legs too. I was worried about losing strength/cardio with just doing yoga but most of these things are TOUGH. Liz - I'd recommend doing all of them a few times before you figure out how to work them into a Cathe rotation but I'm sure it could be done.

What is ultimate Yoga? I am sorry but I have done Cathe for a long time and now feel I need to incorporate yoga into my workouts. It sounds like it is meant to be done alone which will be hard for me to lay off the weights that long.

You can find it at theultimateyogi.com It's a structured 108 day yoga program. As a former runner/weight lifted I wasn't so sure about just doing yoga but it was awesome. Most of the practices are power yoga with a few more gentle practices thrown in to give you a rest.

I agree with everything Jen has said about UY. I did it alongside Xtrain and then STS - I was as lean as I have ever been.
And, yes, I cried once or twice. Must have been a release of some tension, because I've never been into the spiritual side of yoga....... or so I believed!!

Just remember - it's tough! Somedays I thought that my STS workout was easier than my yoga workout :eek:

Justine - I can't believe you did UY alongside STS and Xtrain! I thought an hour/day everyday for 108 days straight was a lot!!

Ha! It overlapped the last couple of weeks of an Xtrain rotation (tough!) - but when it came to STS, I did yoga every evening, and STS 3x per week. No extra cardio was needed!!!!
I have to say, that I started UY thinking 'heh, it's only yoga, right?' :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Respect to all those that practise yoga every day, all their lives.

Hi

Congratulations to anyone who has completed Ultimate Yoga.

Justine doing STS/ Xtrain and ultimate yoga is one hell of an achievement. With the X train rotation did you do the 3 month rotation as per the guide? Also with the STS rotation did you just do Ultimate Yogi as your only form of cardio? I'm thinking of doing something similar with Yoga warrior 365. You've got me thinking now lol.

Laura

Hi - yes I followed the 3 month XTrain rotation, as Cathe wrote it. I started UY part way through. I then did the Rock Bottoms rotation (still doing UY) and then on to STS - again, still doing UY. The best combo was UY and STS. It just seemed to work. The only changes I made were if I'd done STS shoulders, I didn't like to do UY strength later in the day, so I switched order occasionally. I sometimes did a little more cardio - say if I had no STS planned for that day, and the UY was one of the slower ones (I won't say 'easier'!!!). I just did any cardio that took my fancy. Kick boxing seemed to work well, as it eased any tight muscles.

I was the leanest I've ever been. In fact probably a little too skinny, despite eating mountains of food. I'm planning to do STS + UY again. Not sure when, though (I'm procrastinating.....)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.