I finally conquered the "Evil Enemy" Imax 3

upperwests

Cathlete
My 1st Cathe "anniversary" is coming up in a few weeks. I can't believe how far I've come in terms of endurance, coordination, strength, etc. The Firm got me started in my fitness journey, 7 years ago, but Cathe really took me to new levels. BUT, BUT, BUT, I never in my life thought I'd be able to do IMAX 3. I tried it a few months ago and was beyond, beyond, beyond frustrated. BUt, this morning (I am a teacher so I'm off this week and have extra time in the morning), I was determined to conquer the BEAST!!!! I had two huge cups of bold coffee and I was ready. AND I DID IT!!!! What's more, I even LIKED it. But, I did it with no risers. I can't believe I can actually do air jumps and tuck jumps!!! Oh and that fast foot shuffle on the step....I was never able to do before. Not to toot my own horn, but I think that's pretty good for this 50 year old.
Paula

RE: I finally conquered the

>Not to toot my own horn, but I think that's pretty good for this
>50 year old.
>Paula

Toot away you deserve it!! That is one tough workout.

Good going!!

Wow. Congrats. I tried it once and almost died. :) Then I tried the premix of just the step routines, thinking I'll learn those first and feel more stable between the blasts. I hope to complete it all soon, too. What a great feeling!

>OK, I just looked at your avi. If that's you, you are soooo
>not 50!! ;)
>
>

Wow! Like Catherine said, you look fantastic!!!!! I thought you were in your 30's!

It took me a LONG time to get Imax 3 down, but it was so worth it! Probably the first 6 or 7 times I did it, I also had to pause after every interval since I needed more recovery time than Cathe gives us!

Way to go!:)

wOO-HOO!!! That's a toughie to get thru, congrats!! Everything else will feel easy now!!

Nan

Hi Paula and MAJOR congratulations!

I am 50 and just got imax 3 for Christmas - I previewed it and am hoping that in several months from now that I *might* finish it without breaks or cheating! You have given me some inspiration today that it's possible!

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Wow, you're in great shape for any age, but I'm impressed you are 50 and still going strong. I hope to do the same so you're a role model for me.

I do Imax3 with no risers also. I have a hard time with the fast food shuffle,

Missy

Congratulations to you! I hope to conquer it this week!

BTW, has anyone said your DH looks like Dustin Hoffman?

Thanks for the compliments ladies......Now that I've turned 50, I can use all the ones I can get. And yes, many people say the he looks like Dustin Hoffman. In fact, my DH is an actor in his own right. He has had guest starring roles on Law & Order!

>Thanks for the compliments ladies......Now that I've turned
>50, I can use all the ones I can get. And yes, many people
>say the he looks like Dustin Hoffman. In fact, my DH is an
>actor in his own right. He has had guest starring roles on
>Law & Order!
>

Ooooh. I totally love Law&Order. I have the TNT New Years' Marathon on right now and have been watching (while doing other stuff) all day. I'll look for him. How cool.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.