I DON'T FEEL LIKE FINISHING INSANITY! HELP

worseenemy

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
I need some input and some motivation for the follow 2 weeks.
I've been doing Insanity, I have 1 week left, the first month I did alternate with sts, the second i did it for 3 consecutive weeks and I feel like I don't want to finish it, is one more week, I'm getting good results I haven't loose a lot of weight i lost 3 pounds but that's not a lot, this past week I really had to push my self to do it, I have a sick shoulder I've been going to physical therapy that's why I stop with STS because of my shoulder,:mad: now I feel better it does not hurt any more, so I'm feeling ready to go back to lift weights, well this coming Monday I'm going to see the therapist and see if i get the Ok.

One more week to finish, I really want to stick to it but I don't feel like it.:(:confused:

I miss Cathe rotations.:(

Eunice,
I finished Insanity a week ago and my hardest week was exactly where you are now. I was very tired the third week of Month 2, but I pushed through it (and took some Ibuprofen for my aching hamstrings) and the last week was a strong week for me. I went through what you are going through right now but I was stubbornly determined to finish it NO MATTER WHAT. I think the stubborness helped me put that dvd in everyday and push play. It is possible to get through- just don't hurt yourself or beat yourself up if your body just can't finish.

Brenda in Indiana

2 months ago she told me to stop lifting and do something else, I did not listen until a month ago is when I decide to do Insanity every day.
I don't know the second month is really hard 59 min. of Insane intervals, that now I don't know if i need, I want to gain muscle not to loose it.
I bought a dress for the Marine Ball size 6, 2 years ago I got size 2 i'm not fat.
I want to get cut....

I have one more week of insanity too and I am ready to be done. I am going to push through because I feel like I have lost fat and my muscles are beginning to pop. Once insanity is done I will go back to weights. I have had some days where I struggle to push through but I just take some extra breaks. I say finish it and if you need a break during the workout take one.

Ok see that's what I need, some one on the same boat, one more week you all are right this is the hardest week ever but, I will push my self.

Trixie42: I will check with you next week!!!!
Lets do it!!

I just finished this morning. The last few weeks were tough. One day when I had Max Plyo scheduled I just could not do it. So I did Plyo from month one. There were days that I didn't want to do the warmup so I would do a warmup from some other workout. I finished Insanity but I finished My Way. I will continue doing Insanity but not as a complete program. I think I will do maybe one or two Insanity workouts a week. It will be how I feel. This is one hard workout and I think anyone who finishes should be proud. Just finish your way. If it means changing things up a bit then do it.

Rose

Hi Eunice,

I will complete my two months of Insanity on Wed. I absolutely love Insanity but a few times I did it my way. Twice during the two months I used my rebounder for the pylo moves. My knees were just not up to it those days. Insanity is one very tough workout and the fact that you did it thus far is something that you should be very proud of. I agree with the other posters. You probably should listen to your body and mind. It sounds as though you are happy with your results and you should complete Insanity the way that you want to. Frankly there were some days that I did not feel up to it because I knew what was ahead but i just pressed the play and went for it. You have come this far don't give up.

Regina

Last edited:
Eunice,

Suck it up and go for it!! You've come this far, you can finish it! Just keep pushing play! The next 2 weeks are going to go by; are you planning to workout anyways? If so, then why not finish the Insanity workouts? If you're feeling reluctant at this point, it's likely because you're being pushed out of your comfort zone, and THAT is where you want to be! If you want to see change, you have get uncomfortable. The whole point of Insanity is to take you to the next level, but if it were easy, it wouldn't be effective. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

I just finished the 3rd week of Insanity Month 2, and today was feeling the exact same way you are. But I did it anyway, by telling myself I could do it any way that was necessary! I figured even if I dogged my way through it, I could still count it as done. Turns out, I didn't do any worse than I normally do. And I was so proud of myself when I finished. I can do this for one more week! Why not? What else do I have to do? I've come this far, I'm not going to quit now. If I'm out of my comfort zone, then good things are happening.

Stick with it! Do it anyways, and do it any way!
Cheers,
Sandra

SANDRA: I will work for what I want!! I will finish it, is only one more week....And yes I'm planing in working out next week..
good things are happening.

ROSE: Good Idea, using plyo from month1..

BRENDA: I'm going to think about you every day,
stubbornness, I like this attitude that's going to help me finish..

Thanks everyone I knew that coming here was my best shot and I wasn't wrong ...;)

One little idea: when I'm doing a really tough workout or dreading a workout I will dedicate each minute to someone like minute 1 is for my Mom, minute 2 is for my niece Caightlin, minute 3 is for my brother, etc.

Well, you get the idea so I'm working out for a reason, does that make any sense?

I'm not doing insanity but I have seen a lot about it on these forums. Let us know how you feel when you are done.

rapidbreath!!
I know what you mean, I have done it before, I always think about somebody when i'm pushing and i can't go no more!! and it works..
thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.