i am thinking of ordering insanity

darine

Cathlete
The only reason I hesitate is that I can never follow a rotation. I tried many times and I just get bored.

Do you think if I use them when I feel like it, it would be worth it? Or it's a lot better to use the rotation as it is.

I will tell myself, I will follow it but I know I will miss some of Cathe workouts.

I did an Insanity rotation in November/December and now I'm using the workouts a couple of times a week in a STS/Shock Cardio/Insanity hybrid rotation I'm making up as a I go along.

Personally, while I really enjoyed the rotation, I question whether I will ever do another rotation of just Insanity again. While I didn't lose any strength (in fact, I got stronger), I did lose muscle tone, and I also found that I had a harder time maintaining my weight as a result (I did maintain it....but I had to think about it a bit more than usual). That being said, my cardio capacity was off-the-charts when I finished the rotation and, again, I was actually stronger in some areas (core, in particular) than when I started the rotation. And I truly love the workouts included in this series, so, again, I did enjoy the rotation as a whole.

So, yes, there are benefits to doing a rotation of Insanity, but I also experienced some drawbacks. But I'm absolutely loving the effect of adding strength training to my Insanity workouts now and find that combination has really had a tremendously positive impact on my body. So I would say that you would be able to experience all of the positives of Insanity without having to do the entire rotation if that is what works best for you.

Good luck!!

BUY THEM! Use them in your rotations as cardios however you wish! They will still be worth it! THEY KICK ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BUY THEM! Use them in your rotations as cardios however you wish! They will still be worth it! THEY KICK ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What FitMommy said. I never follow rotations, and I use my Insanity workouts once a week. I love 'em!!! Get the Deluxe package; it's more expensive and you get a lot of unnecessary fluff with it, but you also get Max Interval Sports Training, INSANE Abs, and an upper body weight training routine as well!

A-jOck

i just got my Insanity set two days ago. I did the first workout and loved it. but i also just got my STS series

i was going to do the Insanity series as it states for 60 days but now i'm hesitant on doing all cardio for 60 days. i'm thinking i'm going to start STS and do Insanity on cardio days and if I have to energy, so both on some days(IF i can)

but I am going to do Meso 1 for 2 months with the Insanity thrown in and then decide if i'll do 2 months of meso 2 and 3

I have Insanity and I've never done a rotation of just Insanity workouts. I use them three or so times a week, depending. Right now I'm doing Insanity, STS (I'm on Meso 3) and training for a half-marathon.

They're amazing workouts and you definitely won't regret the purchase, no matter how you choose to use them

I'm also thinking of purchasing Insanity and doing it on my cardio days. How many times a week are you supposed to do Insanity? I'm not too familiar with the program outside of the informercial. I would also like to keep running because I would like to run another marathon in the near future, and I don't want to lose all my running progress, but right now, that's all I do for cardio, and it's getting a little stale. So, can I do all three?

I love insanity. It really kicks butt. I never did the rotation as is because i love my strength work. Trying to figure how to keep my running, strength and insanity without doubling up on workouts.
I would never give up my insanity though. Great for the plyo strength.

TPA- the Insanity program is 6 days a week for 60 days. but like others have said, lots of people do not follow the exact rotation but add it in as cardio

Must . . . . be . . . . strong! I promised I wouldn't buy anything else for a while.:eek:

But my birthday is in August, so I'll look ahead. So, while I'm sitting on my itchy order finger, could someone let me know what I'll really be getting myself in to? I know it's apples and oranges, but how 'bout rating the intensity for me? Say, compare it to CCC cardio only premix or doing all 3 HiiT cardio segments together. If Insanity is a 10, how would those rank?

Thanks,

I'll be the little devil on your shoulder (or the good angel depending on how you look at it ;)) and say GET IT!!!!! :eek::p:D

Must . . . . be . . . . strong! I promised I wouldn't buy anything else for a while.:eek:

But my birthday is in August, so I'll look ahead. So, while I'm sitting on my itchy order finger, could someone let me know what I'll really be getting myself in to? I know it's apples and oranges, but how 'bout rating the intensity for me? Say, compare it to CCC cardio only premix or doing all 3 HiiT cardio segments together. If Insanity is a 10, how would those rank?

Thanks,

I haven't done the CCC cardio premix or tried all 3 HIITs back-to-back, so I can't rank it as you are asking, but I would say the Insanity WOs are the hardest thing out there. What I really appreciate about them (besides Shaun T's motivating personality) is that they require no equipment.

To the OP: I concur with everyone here. I'm another one who doesn't follow the program as is but am very happy to have this set in my WO library. I enjoy working it in 1-2x per week.

ordering Insanity

Ok, everyone has convinced me to order and try Insanity.
When I go to beachbody to order it, I can only do 3 payments. I want to just do one payment because I don't want my card on file with them and I have heard problems with that method.
Does anyone know how to maneuver this?
I don't see any place to order the "deluxe" package that has been referred to also.
Thanks in advance.

Ok, everyone has convinced me to order and try Insanity.
When I go to beachbody to order it, I can only do 3 payments. I want to just do one payment because I don't want my card on file with them and I have heard problems with that method.
Does anyone know how to maneuver this?
I don't see any place to order the "deluxe" package that has been referred to also.
Thanks in advance.

Laxlover,

Check your private messages. :)

One of my favorite things about Insanity (besides Shaun T :p) is how the people in the workout are taking breaks throughout. I don't feel so bad when I can't finish an interval because there's someone else right there lying on the floor and gasping for air too.:D

One of my favorite things about Insanity (besides Shaun T :p) is how the people in the workout are taking breaks throughout. I don't feel so bad when I can't finish an interval because there's someone else right there lying on the floor and gasping for air too.:D

including Shaun T at the end of Pure Cardio! :eek::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.