Hurt thigh

Hello everyone! I have been working out with Cathe for a very long time. I am 53 and my upper thigh has been hurting for a while. Whenever I get up after sitting down for a while I actually have to limp to get to walk properly. Is there anything that I can do to help it and make it go away??

I would see someone who can evaluate your posture, alignment etc. Quite frankly your symptom is so vague it could be anything. If I said that I have the same problem but it is in my right foot around my heel you might assume it is a foot problem. Actually I have problems with my right hip being further forward than my left and I get all sorts of odd things that happen. My sciatica comes and goes as well. Sometimes my knee hurts or just my big toe.
You get the picture I'm sure. I do my best to keep flexible and loose and there are times I just have to walk it out . . .

My upper thighs have been hurting all year (actually for about 2+ years). like an ache which eventually turned into muscle spasms. I've learned it's my glutes (dead butt syndrome). I sit A LOT! I have two jobs in social work and sit ALL DAY LONG and evenings and weekends cos I work Saturdays and some Sundays. I've really had to stop lower body workouts and cardio workouts for now. It's helping a lot! I am doing more upper body, body weight, pilates etc. type workouts. Consider seeing a physiotherapist who comes highly recommended. Good luck!

I had thigh and hip pain which went away when I increased the protein in my diet. So, as Snowlover said, it can be anything. A good friend of mine uses massage therapy for her aches. I’m tempted.

Thank you everyone! I have to see my regular doctor first because of my insurance so hopefully she will send me to get an x ray and to the right doctor!

If you sit a lot, you will need to also stretch your hip flexors ( A LOT ).
If you just have a tight hip flexors, this will be an easy thing to " fix".
I hope that is all it is . :) It is VERY common.

Thank you! I have been sent to a physical therapist so I am sure that they can tell me what kind of stretching I need to do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.