Hurt my hamstring, need advice.

mpocon96

Hi STS users:

I hurt my hamstring sometime after my second leg workout. I had the DOMS really bad and probably should've laid off the cardio for a couple of days but I didn't. And my hamstring just started aching and was itchy. It was weird. I have full use of it though, I can stretch out fully. Anyway, I rested for about four days, no cardio and skipped my 3rd leg workout. Then I walked and did the elliptical. And the pain is back. So I figure I have to lay off again. I finished Disk 11 today. It's my last one before active recovery week besides the leg workout. I was planning on doing Meso 1 twice. So should I just go through with my active recovery week and begin Meso 1 again as planned, a week from Monday? Or should I totally rest for my A/R week? Not sure what to do here?

Thanks for any help.
Pauline

Go to a doctor to get it checked out. The "ache and itchy" sounds odd to me, and I wouldn't want you to risk and even more serious injury by trying to 'work through it."

That stinks! Can you find a sports med Doc to look at it? Don't train through it if it's injured...get it checked early on. Good luck to you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.