Hurricane Beryl

ashaw

Cathlete
Is lashing out with full force on the Houston area. Somehow , miraculously, we haven’t lost power so far and I’m so grateful for that. I didn’t think we were going to get the direct impact of this thing. I was thinking today was just going to be rain and I was ready to kick back into job search mode but now tv and internet are out too. This is my 4th hurricane and we’ll get through it but it’s going to be a long morning. I did find out this morning that my CNA license is now active!!

I hope everything will get back to normal soon for you. I went through Ian almost 2 yrs ago, was on the left side of the eye wall for 10 hours, it was moving so slow. Went through Charlie nearly 20 yrs ago, both of them were Cat. 4 hurricanes. We've had some smaller ones come close to us over the 24 yrs of living in my house, probably about 4-5. I've lived in SW FL just about my whole life, will be 50 in Aug. so I know exactly how you are feeling right now. Best of luck and hang in there. Happy to hear about your license.

thank y’all so much! It’s been a wild 24 hours. Lost power at 11:30 am yesterday and still without it and it’s hot out too. They say maybe by tomorrow but 2 million people here don’t have power. Trying to make do and surprising able to take lukewarm bath and it’s nice to cool down. Thankfully we had no real damage other than the door leading to the garage blew right off the hinges. It’ll take time and it’s also derailed my job search but I’ve got applications already out there. I did officially get my CNA license yesterday!

We're expecting Beryl's remnants tonight and tomorrow. They're predicting widespread power outages, downed trees and then widespread flooding, BUT I doubt it will be anything like what you've been through. Glad you're ok :)

We got our power back at around 4:15 today . I was at a BBQ place earlier , I bought a Diet Coke and charged our phones. We’re the fortunate ones, there are still a lot of people without power and lots of recovery ahead. Some parts of town had downed trees on top of power lines and trees blocking streets leaving people trapped in their houses. So tomorrow will be ICE Boot Camp Circuit and job search!

We're expecting Beryl's remnants tonight and tomorrow. They're predicting widespread power outages, downed trees and then widespread flooding, BUT I doubt it will be anything like what you've been through. Glad you're ok :)
You be safe too. This thing tore through the Caribbean and Jamaica and still did a lot of damage to Houston as a cat 1 storm.

We are so fortunate, we got our power back Tuesday afternoon around 4:15. Life is far from normal for so many here. People were told a lot of restorations would be done by yesterday, yet there are still so many people without power, now there’s no time line then add in no ac and a 106 degree heat index here and it’s a lethal combination. Centerpoint’s outage map hasn’t worked and the one they have now isn’t even correct because my powers been back since Tuesday and the map doesn’t show it. People were using the Whataburger app to track power outages because the Centerpoint tracker was down. Let the CEO of Whataburger take over at Centerpoint. My mom and stepdad lose water when they lose power and they’ve been up in Waco since Tuesday and don’t know when they can come home. I’ve found her house on the outage map but i cant determine anything because it’s not even correct for my house.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.