How to fix smelly rubber dumbbells?

SaraFit

Cathlete
I've had these dumbbells for months now and they still smell. I have washed them in dish soap as well as vinegar which helped a little but it's still noticable when using them. Any way to eliminate the smell? I hope so because they are comfortable and the colors are pretty but if not they are going back :(

I asked this same thing about a year ago or so. I have not found any way to get rid of the smell. I cover mine with a towel but I only have 1. If you have a lot, I have no idea what to do then. I even left mine in the summer sun here in FL and it still didn't do anything. I would take them back and get all metal ones. Good luck.

garbage bag mix a box of baking soda and cheap kiddy litter and leave weights in litter mix until the smell goes a way

garbage bag mix a box of baking soda and cheap kiddy litter and leave weights in litter mix until the smell goes a way

WOW!!!! How did you ever come up with that combo? I would have never thought to use kiddy litter. Thanks for the info. I'll be trying that.

Any idea how long this should take? Days? Months?
I am just about to return or sell mine as soon as the snow allows me to leave my house and buy powerblocks instead but I like the ability to just pick up single dumbbells without messing with weight changes. If only a few days or so I'll hold off and try this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.