How to change a rotation to fit my needs

Hello! I have been working out with Cathe DVDs since 2009. I used to be able to follow the 6 day a week rotations, but for the past few years, I have not. So I just wing it. I want more structure.

Due to life, I usually can only workout 4 days a week (some weeks 5). I know that sounds terrible, but I'm a real food enthusiast and I keep my diet in check so I feel fairly fit. So my question is, how do I adapt a rotation to fit my 4-5 day workout schedule. Do I cut out a cardio ? Do I do the rotation as is knowing it will take me longer to complete? If I do the later, I won't work all my muscles each week, and strength is important to me (but then again so is cardio endurance). Any advice would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the four new Fit Split workouts will be perfect for you, Shannoncorrin! They cover it all in four workouts so you could do one each day of the week you workout.

Also, Cathe's 4Day Split series would work well since it, like Fit Split, does cardio and weights on the same day and does it all in four workouts. And the 4 Day Split program definitely builds strength and cardio endurance - your two goals. The weights are heavy and the cardio intense!

Another option is to design your own four day rotation(s). You can vary them depending on your goals, your time available and which workouts you have access to. But it is good to get each body part in once a week (minimum) and to fit in three cardio workouts. Here is an example:
Day 1 - Lower body weights (can do contrast training to also fit in some cardio or add a short tabata after your weight training)
Day 2 - Upper body weights
Day 3 - Cardio (spin, kickbox, step or some steady state cardio to build endurance)
Day 4 - Total body circuit, bootcamp or metabolic workout (gets in weight work and cardio in one workout)

On the weeks you can fit in five workouts you could split your upper body weights into two days (with 2-3 body parts/day). Most of Cathe's programs are designed for this.
I would try to cover core training twice per week - once when you do a total body workout (Day 4 on the sample rotation) and one other day you have time (perhaps after your steady state cardio on Day 3?).

I do wish Cathe would post 3, 4 and 5 day per week rotations as I think there are SO many of us that have limited time to workout and want to make it as productive as possible.
Perhaps other Cathletes have other ideas....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.