How soon after miscarriage?

treebaby

Cathlete
For those of you who have had miscarriages how soon after did you try to conceive again, and how soon after trying again did you get pregnant (if you did)? I know from reading posts in the past that it seems to happen soon after for some (pregnancy that is), so I would like to know of your experiences if you are willing to share. I had a miscarriage in early October. I didn't have to have a D&C, so we are already "at it" again.

Good luck to all of you pregnant ladies!

Merry Christmas,
Teresa

Teresa,

Just remember that everybody is different and your dr. will probably have a recommendation for you.

But since you asked, here is my experience. I miscarried with my very first pregnancy at 11 weeks. The miscarriage happend in May 2000. I had to have an emergency D&C I think sometime in late June or early July. I got pregnant the following January.

I don't exactly remember if we were "trying" to get pregnant, but we weren't doing anything to prevent it. I believe that my dr. recommended waiting until I had 2 normal cycles before trying again.

Best Wishes,

Tina

Thanks for sharing. These questions may be too personal come to think about it! My doctor told me we could try right away if I miscarried "naturally" (don't know if that is the right way to state it). Thanks again, Tina.

Hi Teresa,

Very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I miscarried in May 2005 at 9 weeks. Had a D&C and we didn't wait to try again but it took us until just this month (December) to conceive again. The doctor suggested waiting a month, but we didn't do anything to avoid the 1st month. Every doctor is different, but most will suggest 1-3 months.

Janna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.