How often to get new shoes????

Thanks! I was thinking it was time, because my ankle is bothering me only when running. So, looks like I need to go shopping!!!!

Thanks again.:)

If you're talking about running shoes, the general consensus is every 500 to 600 miles. For me that means about every 6 to 7 months.

Don't wait until you start hurting! Shoes can be worn out without being visibly worn.

JeanneMarie---Thanks---I thought there was a mileage for shoes. My shoes actually look new but, are done!!! Going shopping for new ones.

The older I get, the more important it is for my shoes to be in great shape. I get new ones every two or three months. :)

I get new ones every 6 months. If finances weren't a factor, I'd get them every couple of months probably.

I only run 3 miles a day, 7 days a week, so 6 months is probably a good estimation for me. Even so, that's a financial factor for me too. I wear the same brand/style over and over, so I try to find them on ebay at a reduced price. $100 a pop isn't easy!

My last pair was about $75.

I've found that Superfeet Berry insoles seem to extend the life of my gym shoes, and make them more supportive in general. However, they cost almost as much as buying a new pair of shoes.

I've found that Superfeet Berry insoles seem to extend the life of my gym shoes, and make them more supportive in general. However, they cost almost as much as buying a new pair of shoes.

I use the green superfeet inserts and I've never paid more than about $35 for a pair. That's a good bit cheaper than my shoes. Where are you buying yours? Search online if you're paying more than $35-ish.

I supinate so I look at the bottom

If the sides are wearing down too much or coming off, it is time for new ones. I have new ones now, and I favor Ryka.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.