How much space do I need per person for an aerobic floor?

missolive

Hi Cathe!
I was wondering if there is a formula to figuring out how much space you need per person when designing an aerobic floor? I'm trying to convince my husband that I need at least a 9 ft x 13 ft space, but he doesn't think I need that much room! (of course, when my sister comes to visit and we both do aerobics, I definately need that much space!)
Any advice appreciated-thank you!
Lisa

Not Cathe, of course, and I don't know a formula, but my floor is 10 feet by 12*, and it is just the right size. I suppose I could make do with a bit smaller, but not by much. And keep in mind that the floor is raised, so if you do a move that goes off the edge, you will need to be careful not to trip because you will have to step up and down off the edge of the floor.

The area I was working in before I put in the floor was about 8x8 and it was definitely not big enough.

Hope that helps!

*ETA: Not all of the 10 feet of depth is usable, since the shelf I have the TV on sticks out over the floor. The shelf is probably a couple of feet deep.

My floor is 10 X 10 and you really cannot go too much smaller, especially if you are pulling out equipment all the time, i.e. step, stability ball, weights. I use flooring from Great Mats, it is those puzzle pieces and it comes in all colors. My floor was only $191.45 for 5/8" thick mats in a tan color. I love it. It is a bit slippery at first, I think their is some sort of finish on them that eventually gets worn away. I wash the flooring a few times before I use it and that seems to help. Best of luck!

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.