how much fat g. per day/meal when losing weight?

mom418

Cathlete
i'm 5'4 200 estimated bmr 1700 cal. a day. i've already lost 30 lbs, but i want to make sure i can still keep losing while maintaining my sanity and health. looking this up online some sources say under 30 g, and a different one said around 15 g. i havent been adding it for the day, just trying to eat healthy and limiting things like full fat cheese. (drinking skim milk,not banning dairy) and reading labels to limit the fat that meal. like 5 g. of fat in cheese on a sandwhich would be fine.
what works for you? does it really help do eat fiber and fat together? can u give some simple examples of a meal or snack? i often eat a separate meal from my family, they are at healthy wt/or need to Gain wt.

I have been trying to lose weight also. I've done a lot of personal research on diet and eating healthy. What I have found is bodybuilders usually eat 20g of fat a day, if u are looking to diet for health reasons it is 10g of fat a day. I have also found that it is best not to eat any carbs after dinner because your body has hard time digesting carbs when you are a sleep it goes right to fat. I like the rules of clean eating it seems to be reasonable. I hope this is helpful. I am trying to lose the last 30lbs. Hope you are successful with whatever you do.

I've competed in 2 Figure competitions and tend to stick to around 20% Fat even during prep. Most of my fat comes from foods like avocado, eggs and nuts/nut butter.

I have never prepared separate meals from my family as what I eat during prep is healthy food, I just might eat a little less or add some extra carbs for them (eg more potato or pasta).

Last edited:
My trainer has me on about 50 grams of fat a day and it's working, I'm losing body fat. I'm also eating a lot of protein, more than I use to. I see changes in the mirror and getting comments at work, so somethings working.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.