How "intermediate" is ICE?

elsie3

Cathlete
ICE was the only series I haven't pre-ordered since discovering Cathe ages ago. I wasn't interested in "intermediate". But now I'm wondering if I'm missing out--the workouts pop up so much in rotations. How intermediate are the workouts? I'm specifically wondering about the cardio, since I can always up my weights if necessary.

ICE was the only series I haven't pre-ordered since discovering Cathe ages ago. I wasn't interested in "intermediate". But now I'm wondering if I'm missing out--the workouts pop up so much in rotations. How intermediate are the workouts? I'm specifically wondering about the cardio, since I can always up my weights if necessary.

Yes, you are missing out! :) I think intermediate is a relative term, but I find ICE to be firmly intermediate. Certainly not beginner. You are right, it is easy to increase the weights if necessary. With the cardio, if you are looking for a challenge you will probably need to include the blizzard blasts. However, I really enjoy the standard cardio workouts on days I need a lower intensity option, or on days I have lost my workout "mojo" and don't really feel like exercising. The series is also great if you are returning to exercise from an illness or injury. I prefer advanced workouts, but have no regrets about purchasing ICE. HTH!

ICE is an intermediate level series just as it was announced. That is my opinion. It is an intermediate level for someone who has been
working out cathe for years 90-98%. Are you missing out, it depend on what you are looking for at this point. if you are looking
for an overall less intense series go for it. RwH is in my opinion an INTENSE series. plyo 2 is an intense cardio. It is short and get the job
done!ATH

I only purchased a few of the workouts and love the chiseled lower body and low impact sweat. I adjusted the weights used to match what I use in RWH which made the leg workout advanced for me. I don't think you would have to buy the entire series though. However the muscle melt downs are superb.

I think you can increase the intensity with the cardio. I increase the step height or where weighted gloves. And add the blizzard blasts. I regret not preordering. I have slowly bought a few and love the workouts.

I have never considered myself full-on advanced. Even at my most fit, there were still Cathe workouts that I had to modify, even more so in recent years because of injuries. So I consider myself on the advanced end of intermediate (or the intermediate end of advanced?), and ICE is perfect for me. When I'm really feeling energetic, I add on the Blizzard Blasts and use the longer premixes, and on days when I'm just not feeling it, I go with the shorter workouts. And I usually use heavier weights than Cathe in this series. Especially with the premixes, it's a very versatile series. HTH!

I actually use ICE a fair amount. There are a couple of workouts that I do with heavier weights when I want to. I use the Upper Body workout on days when I'm feeling a little more tired, or when I want to do a slightly lighter day for variety or when I'm short on time and want to get a total upper body workout in. I also like it because it just has entirely different moves which is good for your body!! The To The Mat is also really good and different. Again, working your body in different ways from usual. I've been having hip tendonitis lately and going to P.T. for it - turns out that workout is like a 45 minute therapy session for my hip!! Last weekend I combined that with the Turbo Barre Legs workout and did them back-to-back. It was great!!!
I also love the UB and LB Blast workouts - the mix of weights and cardio bursts are fun and for me, intense in a satisfying way. Actually, I think I may do that UB workout tonight, now! I'm exhausted, so it will be perfect!
I say, get it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.