How I eat Fish

I have to be in the mood to eat salmon or tuna steaks-- any of the heavy tasting fish. As a child, I grew up at the beach where my grandmother cooked the best fried flounder. . . 'course this defeats the purpose (and perhaps explains a few things about the current state of my lower body. . . ) I've tried lots of ways to cook fish, but my DH came up with my favorite: blackened (sp?) catfish. All you need is some blackened seasoning to sprinkle on one side of the fish, then you toss it in a REALLY hot pan for a few minutes. After the first time we set of the all the fire alarms in the house, we cook it outside:)

Do you like shrimp? Or scallops? Shrimp are my fav with a salad!

L

I serve broiled salmon with a little Hidden Valley Ranch Light dressing on the side or spooned over the top of the salmon. Makes it taste ALOT better. I even got my kids to eat fish that way.

I LOVE salmon and have it once a week. I buy it in individual vacuum-sealed pouches also. To make it, I keep it very simple, no added fat, but TONS of taste.

I put the salmon in a small baking dish, sprinkle with Seasoned Salt (my secret to yummy ANYTHING), and add water to the bottom of the dish. Cover in foil and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. The water at the bottom becomes a yummy juice and the seasoned salt is so good! I've also made it the exact same way on the grill, in a foil packet instead and it's just as good!

Now tuna steaks? That's another story! YUCKY!

Gayle

I'm with you Charlotte. Salmon is not one of my favorites. You may want to try halibut, hake, tilapia, orange roughy (if you can find it). They're all very mild. Halibut is my favorite because it has a nice firm texture - but it's pretty pricey.

If I eat salmon, I chew it on the side of my mouth so it doesn't touch my tongue and I don't have to taste it. Ick. Too fishy for me.

I love all kinds of fish, except for canned tuna. I agree with the others, if you don't like it, then don't force yourself to eat it with a protein bar! However, I highly recommend that you try tilapia. It is a very mild white fish (and very low in calories). You can find it in most stores now. It's yummy :)

Sherry

Cod isn't fishy tasting? We bought it once and I ran to the sink and spit it in the garbage disposal on the first bite. I thought it was REALLY fishy. Maybe we got a bad one. I doubt it though, it was vacuum packed and frozen.

Hi everyone!
I was just thinking to myself and...well, maybe you should not eat fish. There are MANY MANY ways to get protein. Brown rice and beans create a complete protein and are always tasty (at least to me!).
Omega 3's can be found in flaxseed, which I eat in my morning cereal everyday. Even many whole grain breads and soy yogurts have tons of protein. I think, if it tastes bad to you, don't eat it. However, some things are worth getting used to. I used to hate the taste of soy yogurt, but after giving it 4-5 tries, I now love it. I eat it everyday with lunch.
Anyway, thought I would chime in.

Carolyn:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.